Contribute
Register

[Solved] MacOS Mojave Installation on H370 Aorus Gaming 3 with M.2 Rebooting at Second Installation Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC DC3217IYE
CPU
i5-8400,
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me out. I am in the process of building a new computer and wish to install MacOS Mojave on to H370 Aorus Gaming 3 Motherboard with M.2.

I have been having some problems getting it to boot into the installation screens, and after following RehabMan USB Injection, I was able to get it to boot through to the first boot screen, and allow me to format my M.2 drive, and rebooted the computer into the Mojave Installation, it loads the second and tells me there is 15 minutes remaining, progresses through a little bit, and the constantly reboots...

Any Ideas... I am so close.

Thanks RehabMan, you saved the day with that USB Injection, but what I followed was a change to the config.plist file with a string of 10.13.4 is this my problem, should I be looking for something for 10.14?

To add...

I have followed the recommended steps:
  1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
  2. Load Optimized Defaults
  3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
  4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it - Don't See This Option
  5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
  6. Set OS Type to Other OS - Don't See This Option
  7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
  8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
  9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0 - Not Applicable
  10. Save and exit.

Yours

J

Last edited:
Update...

I have been spending some of today and thought I would try to see if I could install High Sierra using the tools available with the same result, and it seemed to complain about some security issue before it rebooted, unfortunately I was not able to get a screenshot.

So I tried again with Mojave, and made sure I had -v switched on, and got the following screenshots before it rebooted, again complaining about a security issue. Hopefully someone is able to provide me with a reason why...

Now I have seen some other switches added before booting into the installation, and I have seen people been able to type things in, cannot find a place to do this...

Please help, I am so close, if I can get this into the desktop, I can probably do the rest.

J

Attachments

• IMG_0193.PNG
    IMG_0193.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0194.PNG
    IMG_0194.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 63
Despite, there being no replies to my request for assistance on this thread, I have managed to get this computer to work to the desktop. I have a long way to go getting it up and running as my main computer, but so far so good.

The issue seemed to be a problem with how the M.2 SSD was formatted, and you need to be careful of what you install using MultiBeast with this board, and I have no sound yet from the on-board sound, but I have always used a USB Sound card anyway, so not too worried.

If anyone wants a copy of my EFI folder for this build then I am happy to provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back