Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
HD4600
Hello everyone. I've been wanting to try hackintoshing for a while but I've never had a machine that wasn't already doing something important. I'm trying to install High Sierra on a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF.

Specs:
Dell Optiplex 9020
i7-4770
Onboard HD4600 graphics
Installing on a SATA SSD if that matters.

Problem: I'm using the standard High Sierra Installation Guide using Unibeast, but when I try to boot from the USB, I just get Clover with a bunch of Windows partitions. There's no Install macOS High Sierra Option. How can I get the installer to show up? Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone. I've been wanting to try hackintoshing for a while but I've never had a machine that wasn't already doing something important. I'm trying to install High Sierra on a Dell Optiplex 9020 SFF.

Specs:
Dell Optiplex 9020
i7-4770
Onboard HD4600 graphics
Installing on a SATA SSD if that matters.

Problem: I'm using the standard High Sierra Installation Guide using Unibeast, but when I try to boot from the USB, I just get Clover with a bunch of Windows partitions. There's no Install macOS High Sierra Option. How can I get the installer to show up? Thanks in advance!
Current Unibeast has a problem that causes the macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 USB installer to be a 'No Show" on Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen.
A workaround is posted and you can find it here:UniBeast 8.2 and macOS 10.13.4 Workaround

This problem is also noted by me with Standalone Clover EFI 4411. Using Clover Efi 4423 from RehabMan Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip to create the boot loader on USB installer created using Terminal CreateInstallMedia command and editing the CLOVER/Other with added ESSENTAIL kexts like the latest FakeSMC. kext, Ethernet.kext and any other needed Graphics Support kexts like IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext , NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext , WhateverGreen.kext etc from RehabMan and editing config.plist for our hardware will prevent this problem of missing USB installer in CBM screen and help in successful installation.

Current Unibeast has a problem that causes the macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 USB installer to be a 'No Show" on Clover Boot Manager(CBM) Screen.
A workaround is posted and you can find it here:UniBeast 8.2 and macOS 10.13.4 Workaround

This problem is also noted by me with Standalone Clover EFI 4411. Using Clover Efi 4423 from RehabMan Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip to create the boot loader on USB installer created using Terminal CreateInstallMedia command and editing the CLOVER/Other with added ESSENTAIL kexts like the latest FakeSMC. kext, Ethernet.kext and any other needed Graphics Support kexts like IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext , NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext , WhateverGreen.kext etc from RehabMan and editing config.plist for our hardware will prevent this problem of missing USB installer in CBM screen and help in successful installation.
That worked and now I have it installed, but after running MultiBeast, I can't boot back into macOS, it just sits on the Apple logo, even if I try to use clover from my install usb. Did I miss something in MultiBeast?

I can't boot back into macOS, it just sits on the Apple logo, even if I try to use clover from my install usb.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
DistF40.jpg

Use the forum Search tool for Mach reboot.

Since the original problem in this thread is solved, I'm going to mark it solved and start a new one concerning the mach reboot issue.

I get an error when trying to install Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip. (Pictures attached)

However, when I use MacMan's code:
Code (Text):

rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia

Code (Text):

rm -rf /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

I'm able to see the install High Sierra Installer USB in Clover Boot Manager, but end at a No entry Icon, scrambled graphics, and stops at HID Legacy shim 2. Picture attached

Attachments

• IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 219
I get an error when trying to install Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip. (Pictures attached)

However, when I use MacMan's code:
Code (Text):

rm -f /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra/.IAPhysicalMedia

Code (Text):

rm -rf /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/USBInjectAll.kext

I'm able to see the install High Sierra Installer USB in Clover Boot Manager, but end at a No entry Icon, scrambled graphics, and stops at HID Legacy shim 2. Picture attached
It looks like you're having a very different issue. I would recommend starting a new thread in the Installation forum with the issues you're having to get better help as this has already been marked solved.

since I have the same problem with Mojave -does this problem still exist? I am running High Sierra and wanted to make a clean install. Unibeast ---> boot into usb --> only the normal partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back