Contribute
Register

[solved] macOS High Sierra recognises touchpad as mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, after realizing the settings of the hack, following all the tutoriasi of this forum, I have succeeded in several questions but still have problems in some.
One of them is the problem reported here in this thread, I've already done the fix mentioned here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-fix-synaptics-on-sierra-10-12-x.227706/ But I still can not get my touchpad fully working. In IOREG it is recognized as a mouse.

Taking advantage of the topic, I mention that I still have the errors:
  1. Audio with strange noise when I connect the headset with a microphone (jack), https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-applehda-realtek-audio.234729/. It only works after you slash the "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25".
  2. My webcam works normally in all softwares, but in facetime it gets a very bad resolution.
@RehabMan would like to thank you for all of your work, congratulations. And I would like to ask for your help in solving the above errors.

thankful!!

Attachments

• debug_13922.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Hello, after realizing the settings of the hack, following all the tutoriasi of this forum, I have succeeded in several questions but still have problems in some.
One of them is the problem reported here in this thread, I've already done the fix mentioned here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-fix-synaptics-on-sierra-10-12-x.227706/ But I still can not get my touchpad fully working. In IOREG it is recognized as a mouse.

Your SMBIOS model name is being truncated.
You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true.

Taking advantage of the topic, I mention that I still have the errors:
  1. Audio with strange noise when I connect the headset with a microphone (jack), https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-applehda-realtek-audio.234729/. It only works after you slash the "hda-verb 0x19 SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x25".
  2. My webcam works normally in all softwares, but in facetime it gets a very bad resolution.
@RehabMan would like to thank you for all of your work, congratulations. And I would like to ask for your help in solving the above errors.

Off-topic.

Your SMBIOS model name is being truncated.
You need config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/DellSMBIOSPatch=true.

Off-topic.

Thanks for the feedback. I made the correction but I still can not use the touch, it only has the mouse movements, page scroll, a click and two click. Is there anything else I can do?

Attachments

• debug_21523.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
Thanks for the feedback. I made the correction but I still can not use the touch, it only has the mouse movements, page scroll, a click and two click. Is there anything else I can do?

You're trying to use two different PS2 kexts.
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext are mutually exclusive.

You're trying to use two different PS2 kexts.
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext are mutually exclusive.

Thanks again. I removed VooodoPS2, and left only the Smarttouch. Some movements appeared, but others did not. Screen scrolling has improved and functions like minimize and close tabs worked.
Do you know if you can improve?

Attachments

• debug_14430.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
Thanks again. I removed VooodoPS2, and left only the Smarttouch. Some movements appeared, but others did not. Screen scrolling has improved and functions like minimize and close tabs worked.

The kext you're using is closed-source, in violation of the APSL.
I have nothing to do with it.
You should contact the author with your issues.

Ok, if you use a vooodoPS2, will you help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back