Contribute
Register

[solved] macOS High Sierra is no longer available in Clover boot menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan & @Feartech & @P1LGRIM

So I conclude there'e no any handy way to repair the drive. okay ..

Let me ask you few critical questions as final posts of the thread for now..

<HELP>

1st : I'm going to never use the drive (retire it somehow) until Apple releases APFS documentation and then apps like DiskWorrier has chance to support and implement "rebuilding and repairing" APFS which at the moment of speaking it's not feasible.

The question is here that can I take an "IMAGE" from the disk using Disk Utility and count on it as a %100 copy of the drive? I'm new to this particular 'thing' and never already used disk utility to make an IMAGE. I'm going to take an image and just use one of DISK or its IMAGE for recovery and repairing purposes. (image is more preferred if technically can be used)

2nd : What happens if I erase the disk using Disk Utility? All 488Million blocks turn zero or they would remain intact? It does matter, cause beside "taking image" idea, I would have a chance to use recovery programs (though I know disk drill still doesn't support APFS)

3rd : Let me know please what would you personally do if you were me?

</HELP>

Last edited:

So I conclude there'e no any handy way to repair the drive. okay ..

Let me ask you few critical questions as a final posts of the thread for now..

<HELP>

1st : I'm going to never use the drive (retire it somehow) until Apple releases APFS documentation and then apps like DiskWorrier has chance to support and implement "rebuilding and repairing" APFS which at the moment of speaking it's not feasible.

The question is here that can I take an "IMAGE" from the disk using Disk Utility and count on it as a %100 copy of the drive? I'm new to this particular 'thing' and never already used disk utility to make an IMAGE. I'm going to take an image and just use one of DISK or its IMAGE for recovery and repairing purposes. (image is more preferred if technically can be used)

2nd : What happens if I erase the disk using Disk Utility? All 488Million blocks turn zero or they would remain intact? It does matter, cause beside "taking image" idea, I would have a chance to use recovery programs (though I know disk drill still doesn't support APFS)

3rd : Let me know please what would you personally do if you were me?

</HELP>
replace faulty drive and start again, fresh and only restore my own files i have created, documents, music, pictures etc

Clone the damaged drive and do any recovery work on the clone.
Try something like Disk Warrior.

From the DiskWorrier website:
4) Apple File System (APFS) disks are recognized by DiskWarrior 5.1 but are not able to be rebuilt
I don't think I use APFS for the next decade..

Clone? What do you mean by clone? Please guide me more @P1LGRIM. I'm totally new with IMAGEs and CLONEs.

I'm totally sure my data is intact..

Just the table/map/container is corrupted.

An app called iBoysoft managed to find all partitions including the main one (name: macSSD)
I already tried all other recoveries and none of them can find the partition like this (let me know if you need to see some shot)

Unfortunately It's paid and so expensive :/

-----------------------

Imagine I can recover data and all of them are healthy (need to somehow buy the full version of it first), let me know please if there's a way to keep the OS (It looks like the other partition are healthy too)

I need it cause all of my accounts are over there and I know It's not easy to log in into them again (without that OS)

pocket611.png

Last edited:
Due to lack of any APFS repairing tool at the moment I had to wipe the disk and start from zero again.

Apple time frame of releasing APFS standard/documentation makes me sick..

Count it somehow [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back