Contribute
Register

[Solved] macOS could not be installed on your computer...installer resources error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran into this problem while installing High Sierra, the ./startosinstall didn't work for me, but the above method did, with these modifications:

Thanks Ylx!

I have the same problem. I tried the ./startosinstall method but did work due to the license error. I tried Ylx’s method and it spits out the usage for the cp command as if my syntax is wrong. I’m not strong with Unix commands but see the attached pic for what I’m getting. What am I missing?

Attachments

• EC3609DD-9DCC-41A2-AAEF-4CE0D8B8082F.jpeg
    EC3609DD-9DCC-41A2-AAEF-4CE0D8B8082F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 812
I have the same problem. I tried the ./startosinstall method but did work due to the license error. I tried Ylx’s method and it spits out the usage for the cp command as if my syntax is wrong. I’m not strong with Unix commands but see the attached pic for what I’m getting. What am I missing?

I believe it's actually

cd Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedResources/

./startosinstall --volume /Volumes/YOURVOLUMENAME

You forgot to add a space after the *, so it's trying to read the whole thing as the source, while lacking a target. ie. You typed source_filetarget_file instead of source_file target_file.

Also install data in macOS\ install\ data/ should be lowercase, I believe.

Last edited:
Perfect, thanks. I knew it would be something simple.

@yourgamesbeover @FabCa @Ylx @klaivu, Thank you all so much ! I am so exciting !
I was stuck on this issue for 1 month. You all provide or extend days to my life. Actually I had experience of Hackintosh 10 years ago, and was strange that it is still so hard to install new MacOS in 2019. Trouble is, there is no guide for troubleshooting of OS installation process. Your information really work! Thank you again!

Last edited:
It seems to be getting harder to get full size installers and now the failed installs.

Run the command:
cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedResources/* /Volumes/Mojave/macOS\ install\ data/
Then reboot twice

Thank you all! and now to Post Install

Thank you so much everyone! Expecially @Ylx ! I spent several days trying to get High Sierra on my new Hackintosh. The ./startosinstall didn't work after several attempts. So I tried Ylx's method. It took me a while to figure out his instructions but once I did, install went flawlessly. If you are total noob like me, here is what I did step by step(as best as I can remember).
Follow High Sierra fresh install guide to create USB boot drive
Insert and boot from USB
Run "Install macOS High Sierra" on clover screen
Again following the guide- format drive, Install OS, Select langue, Select drive...
system will restart.
Once back in clover select "High Sierra" drive
Once you reach the "Could not install MacOS" screen open "terminal" under "Utilities" in the top banner
Run Ylx's command...and wait for it to complete. Took about 5 min. for me
Restart
On clover screen select Restart
I restarted a gain for good measure
On clover screen select "High Sierra"
System will restart again, select "High Sierra"
I believe this is when the installation completed for me. Yay!

I ran into this problem while installing High Sierra, the ./startosinstall didn't work for me, but the above method did, with these modifications:

Thanks Ylx!
Been having the same 'error occurred while loading the installer resources' problem. Trying the Ylx method, but I am unclear what {name of your install media} should be. I am trying to install High Sierra.
When I run 'mount' I have:
/Volumes/Untitled {USB with Clover and High Sierra}
/Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra {which I am assuming is the name of my install media??}
/volumes/SSD High Sierra OSX {SSD that I want to install High Sierra on}

After running the Ylx command I get the sytax error.

cp -rf /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/SSD High Sierra OSX/macOS\ install\ data/

I am not very good at running commands from the terminal, so not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• mmexport1553327982845.png
    mmexport1553327982845.png
    960 KB · Views: 520
Been having the same 'error occurred while loading the installer resources' problem. Trying the Ylx method, but I am unclear what {name of your install media} should be. I am trying to install High Sierra.
When I run 'mount' I have:
/Volumes/Untitled {USB with Clover and High Sierra}
/Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra {which I am assuming is the name of my install media??}
/volumes/SSD High Sierra OSX {SSD that I want to install High Sierra on}

After running the Ylx command I get the sytax error.

cp -rf /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/SSD High Sierra OSX/macOS\ install\ data/

I am not very good at running commands from the terminal, so not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks for any help!
Figured out the command problem! Forgot to add the slashes where the spaces in my names are! High Sierra OSX is installing!!

Hi, anyone can help I already try ylx command. Not working for me. I don't know what wrong on my command.

Attachments

• 20190420_015118.jpg
    20190420_015118.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 534
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back