Contribute
Register

[Solved] macOS could not be installed on your computer...installer resources error

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FabCa, I'm using High Sierra, downloaded it from the app store.

@FabCa, I'm using High Sierra, downloaded it from the app store.

Well then I have no idea. Never got this error with Mojave at any of my several attempts.
Good luck, let us know.

Thanks guys. I've been installing macOS on hackintoshes for a while and I've never had to go into Terminal to complete the install. This thread was very helpful.

Another thing I had to do different this time was convert my downloaded Install macOS from the Apple Store from a "stub" install file (22 mb) to a complete install file (6 gb) so I could make my Unibeast install USB. I used this thread to fix that:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/

Is that process the cause of the problem in this thread?

No. Also, I found out if you have a supported discrete graphics card, it's going to download full version compared to the small one. Looks like the system does some checks. I just installed RX 580 on mine and it finally downloads the full one.

spaces in a directory name - best way to deal with that is to enclose them in quotation marks, e.g. cd "Install macOS Mojave.app"

I have an issue now - i got as far as trying to run startosinstall - it responded with the error "Error: could not get license agreement"

Now what? any ideas?

yourgamesbeover,

Thanks for the help. I was able to get to /Volumes and find the target disk. I also was able to find the 'install macOS Mojave.app' on the root directory. I've been beating my head against the wall, but for reasons unknown, I am unable to 'cd' into the 'install macOS Mojave.app' directory. It shows in a root 'ls', but it acts like it is in a different directory. Maybe you will recognize what I 'm doing wrong, but I will keep trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I found a solution works for me
Insert your install media
Run the command:
cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedResources/* /Volumes/Mojave/macOS\ install\ data/
Then reboot twice
And everything is ok
Note:I am a Chinese man,so there may have some grammar fault.

Run the command:
cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedResources/* /Volumes/Mojave/macOS\ install\ data/
Then reboot twice
And everything is ok

something missing here ... running this command only gets me a usage statement

I am having similar issue. I am able to see the volume /Volumes/Install macOS High Sierra , but am not familiar with the terminal enough to know how to access the volume and then run the install. HELP!! There is not very good documentation on cmd lines for volumes.

Run the command:
Then reboot twice
And everything is ok

I ran into this problem while installing High Sierra, the ./startosinstall didn't work for me, but the above method did, with these modifications:

cp -rf /Volumes/{the name of your install media}/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/* /Volumes/{the name of the target volume}/macOS\ install\ data/

Thanks Ylx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back