CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After formatting my SSD to the appropriate format I attempt to install OS but it just gives me a pop up that reads "This copy of OS High Sierra is damaged, and is unable to be installed."
I am using unibeast 8.3.1
The copy of High Sierra was downloaded from the App Store on 4/24/18 at 2:00pm and is located in applications on my MacBook Pro.
I have tried deleting the copy of High Sierra and redownloading 2 times, has not made a difference.
user CMN699 recommended running this command,

"shasum/Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg"

It gave me the following alphanumeric code 2c72b22a45ea8f5a80bee91db8aba96dae8310ea

I'm not sure what the issue is, any help would be appreciated!

I did read from the following golden build that unibeast 8.3.1 is potentially broken. This user instead used 8.1 for the install and it worked flawlessly. I have downloaded a copy of 8.1, I will be making another attempt at installation following my evening class.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i7-8700k-amd-vega-56.239969/

Update 4/27/18: Problem solved. Motherboard bios was not set to proper date. It goes to show how important bios settings are.
My Build:
cpu-i7-8700k
gpu-evga 660 ftw signature 2gb
mobo-gigabyte z370m-ds3h
ssd- samsung 850 500gb
Ram- 16gb dd4r 2400mhz Crucial Ballistix sport lt

Last edited:
What was the correct date? I'm having the same issue and my date/time is set correctly. I've also tried putting it into the future by a few days as well.
I wouldn't say there is a correct date, but I had set mine to whatever the right day and time it was and it worked. Try reinstalling your copy of Mac OS from the App Store.

This is insane, I had the same issue with Catalina. I just sat the current date, maybe it checks for system time vs build time, so you can't time travel an sell their stupid OS.

I just tried to install High Sierra on my Gigabyte P67 based system with nVidia GPU (I wanted to revive my old computer ;-) and I got the same error, after changing the date via a terminal session to 1229150017 (=Dec 29th 3PM 2017, yeah I know it is 2019) the install continued.
I'm baffled.

I just tried to install High Sierra on my Gigabyte P67 based system with nVidia GPU (I wanted to revive my old computer ;-) and I got the same error, after changing the date via a terminal session to 1229150017 (=Dec 29th 3PM 2017, yeah I know it is 2019) the install continued.
I'm baffled.

The security certificate on the old High Sierra Installer from Apple expired on 24 October 2019. So if you have such an old installer from Apple, you will encounter this error when you attempt to install using a USB made from it. Changing the date to a date before October 24 will allow the install to continue.

You can avoid this problem by downloading a fresh High Sierra 10.13.6 installer from Apple :
(Scroll down to 4 and you will see the download link.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back