i5-7600K
Graphics
IGUP
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, I've done plenty of searching and reading here and on Redit, I've found lots of people using the card I purchased with a PCIe adaptor, or a different card but the same adaptor and I've found plenty using the same H270N-WiFi Gigabyte MoBo I am using for my Hackintosh but no real resolution.

I got my mackintosh running on 10.13 which took considerable overcoming due to USB and then NVMe issues. I finally managed to get it up and running after install using a full clover method. I suspect I have a number of Kexts and other drivers that may not be necessary but for now the computer is working!!

The issue I'm having is this:
My WiFi works on 802.11a/c 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz flawlessly! It was simple plug and play.
However the card I am using BCM94360CD also has BT4.0 which seems to work and not work at the same time...?

When I toggle on my Bluetooth it keeps pinning as it scans for nearby devices. While it does this the computer is also discover able and my roommates 1+5T manages to detect it but that's about it... so it seems something is up.

Anyone willing to work with a fairly noob to get my BT working so I can get my lovely apple keyboard back on my desk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone, I've done plenty of searching and reading here and on Redit, I've found lots of people using the card I purchased with a PCIe adaptor, or a different card but the same adaptor and I've found plenty using the same H270N-WiFi Gigabyte MoBo I am using for my Hackintosh but no real resolution.

I got my mackintosh running on 10.13 which took considerable overcoming due to USB and then NVMe issues. I finally managed to get it up and running after install using a full clover method. I suspect I have a number of Kexts and other drivers that may not be necessary but for now the computer is working!!

The issue I'm having is this:
My WiFi works on 802.11a/c 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz flawlessly! It was simple plug and play.
However the card I am using BCM94360CD also has BT4.0 which seems to work and not work at the same time...?

When I toggle on my Bluetooth it keeps pinning as it scans for nearby devices. While it does this the computer is also discover able and my roommates 1+5T manages to detect it but that's about it... so it seems something is up.

Anyone willing to work with a fairly noob to get my BT working so I can get my lovely apple keyboard back on my desk?

Did you read here?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/

I have gone through it, and I have a very similar situation.

WiFi/BT card:
Airport Wifi Bluetooth Network Card For MacBook Air 13" A1466 Mid 2013 Early 2015 BCM94360CS2 802.11AC. Chipset:
20702B0.

My WiFi and BT were working perfectly on Sierra: Handoff, Airdrop, BT keyboard, BT mouse, BT speaker.
But when I did a clean install to High Sierra, BT had issues, while my WiFi worked for both 2.4 & 5GHz the same as before.

But for bluetooth, almost all functionality stopped, except for a few quirks: My Apple BT keyboard connects now and works, but none of my Apple mice (Magic Mouse 1 & 2); Handoff seems to work by having the Safari or Notes icon on the lower left of the task bar show up, but when clicked it fails to actually hand-it-off (Safari & Notes give loading error); Bose BT speaker that used to easily pair with my Hackintosh does not.

Two paired devices are saved in the under Bluetooth Settings: the Apple keyboard that connects, and the Magic Mouse 2 that is listed, but is always "Not Connected" (batteries have been changed and charged, and multiple BT devices have been tried).

The WiFi/BT is a native Apple device, so I do not know why any of the information from the link you gave would be needed to make this device work. (I did try adding all of the 10.13.x kexts, however.)

Note: It seems like a lot of the information on that page is outdated after the "I" Section and are only for non-native WiFi/BT cards. Please correct me if I'm wrong..

[I attached some screenshots. Note: I had BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in S/L/E, but read your note about needing to create custom scripts if using with Clover, I believe. So I put BrcmFirmwareData.kext in kexts/Other, instead.]

Any help or guidance on where to look at least would be a big help. Thanks ahead of time.

BT Settings.png BT card info.png

Attachments

• config kexts 1.png
    config kexts 1.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 166
  • config kexts 2.png
    config kexts 2.png
    316.2 KB · Views: 163
  • kexts-other.png
    kexts-other.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 150
  • SLE.png
    SLE.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 169
So it turns out that it was 100% hardware related issue. I have an all aluminium Steamcom F1C EVO case, and the card wasn't getting good signal strength even though the WiFi menubar icon indicated full bars. I attached the ugly ass Gigabyte antenna and everything magically worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back