Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have a "problem" with the screen resolution in the UEFI (Asus Z270i) and the loading screen when my monitor is connected to my Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti. The UEFI and loading screens seem not to have the right resolution. The apple (macos) is stretched out and the circle with the circling dots (Windows 10) is not round. To be fair, in the OS the resolution is fine so it it's not a huge problem, but I like to get it fixed.

When connected to the (HDMI) port on the motherboard and using the integrated graphics the resolution is fine. Does anyone know what's the cause of this problem? Are there some settings in the UEFI/BIOS I have to change?

Thanks in advance!

had same problem try adding resolution to config.plist, and make sure in drivers dir you have CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

had same problem try adding resolution to config.plist, and make sure in drivers dir you have CsmVideoDxe-64.efi

Thanks for your reply. I doubt it's a clover-related problem as the stretched screen is present in the UEFI bios and during the loading screens for both windows 10 and macOS. At some point during loading the screens change to the native 1080p resolution. It's not a problem after that.

I initially installed windows 10 with the monitor connected to the hdmi port of the motherboard. I suspect this has something to do with it, but I'm still hoping a simple change in the bios-settings will correct this.

If someone has a fix, please keep me posted!

Update: I bought a new 1440p monitor which is connected through displayport. Everything seems the way it should be now!

So maybe it was a problem with the port on the gpu, the hdmi-cable or the monitor. I am glad the problem got fixed by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back