Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Low Cinebench numbers for i7-2600k and GTX 580...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SOLUTION: Load SSDT through MultiBeast
Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 7.57.50 AM.png

Hey guys,

I got my hackintosh recently working and am trying to ensure everything is setup properly; however, I'm running into low performance scores from benchmark testing apps. Here are my results from Cinebench:
gpu.png
cpu.png

I'm trying to understand what I have to do to enable the same kind of scores as I see on Windows (I didn't run Cinebench on Windows specifically, but I did run GeekBench on both and Win7 had drastically better scores).

I've installed the update via Multibeast and I've also installed the CUDA driver from NVIDIA:
multibeast.png
cuda.png

Anyone else have these kind of issues and got around it?

Attachments

• cpu.png
    cpu.png
    478 KB · Views: 687
  • cuda.png
    cuda.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 486
  • gpu.png
    gpu.png
    471.3 KB · Views: 590
  • multibeast.png
    multibeast.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 494
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 7.57.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 7.57.50 AM.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 296
Re: Low Cinebench numbers for i7-2600k and GTX 580 in 10.7.4?

Couple things to consider - I'm guessing that you don't have a SSDT setup. With an ASUS board you might have to insert the code into your DSDT if the generic SSDT fixes don't work. Second, I thought there was a sticky on here about how fermi cards aren't supported in cinebench so don't use that benchmark for graphics. You should look into creating a power management profile for your card. And lastly, you don't need CUDA unless you use programs that specifically can use it. It's not a graphics driver per se, more like a plugin that lets you do calculations using the GPU for faster output.

So.......you're welcome? Are you stuck? Did none of that make sense? The SSDT can be a pain on ASUS boards are you running at full speed yet?

Sorry for the late reply - I had been out of town for a few days

I tested my setup with WoW (not a great benchmark at all, but the only game I had on me) and I'm able to run the game on HIGH settings without issues (ULTRA settings cause me some issues though - FPS drops to the 40s and the game is a little choppy). I'll look into the tips you gave me and come back with more information

Thanks

Run geekbench and post your score. I suspect that you have a problem with your cpu power management. It looks to me with your cpu score in cinebench that you are stuck at a 16x multiplier. As far as a gpu benchmark, you could run unigine's heaven and also luxmark will tell you if you have working openCL support.

nukedukem said:
Run geekbench and post your score. I suspect that you have a problem with your cpu power management. It looks to me with your cpu score in cinebench that you are stuck at a 16x multiplier. As far as a gpu benchmark, you could run unigine's heaven and also luxmark will tell you if you have working openCL support.

Thanks for the help.

Here is a GeekBench report: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/862276

I haven't had a chance yet to investigate the custom SSDT solution.

I bet your CPU is actually bottlenecking your GPU. It's only running at the lowest speed. I imagine you are using graphics enabler and if you select the openCL fix in multibeast your graphics card should be good to go. Read up on SSDT fixes on ASUS boards and you should have your system up and running in good shape.

I don't believe is is the CPU. Not sure about the GTX 580. Just posting for comparison. Hope using the other recommended programs show better results.
:thumbup:
cinebench 2 1 2012 i7.png

Attachments

• cinebench 2 1 2012 i7.png
    cinebench 2 1 2012 i7.png
    471.7 KB · Views: 389
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back