Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z370 HD3
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
UHD 630
Alright, there are some issues with the fans on my hackintosh: The machine is loud.

It is running 10.13.1 on Coffee Lake, the CPU is a i5-8600 k (forgot the number. It has the CPU multiplier unlocked)
My mainboard is a Gigabyte Z370HD3

I can set the CPU speed inside the BIOS and it works until very early in the boot process.
The machine is super quiet inside the BIOS, but once it is booting into OS X, man does it get loud. The fans speed up and they won't throttle down again.

The BIOS settings do not affect the issue at all. Inside the BIOS, it is possible to set a response curve for the fans to stay quite until high temperatures but the curve is clearly not working at all, just as if OS X overwrote the BIOS settings. Temperatures are never above 40 degrees C.

I tried to restrict fan speeds using HW monitor, to no avail.

The EFI folder attached, maybe it helps. I am getting increasingly frustrated with the machine. The only thing not working is the fan issue. Audio recording with it in the room is not really possible. Otherwise, man what a beast of a workstation!

Thanks guys, appreciate your time!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 163
Have you updated to the latest BIOS? I have a Gigiabyte Z370M D3H and this exact same issue (and I've seen other people with it from gigabyte motherboards too), but it was resolved by updating to the latest BIOS. One problem I'm still having is loud fans after wake from sleep that I still haven't yet resolved, but the fans behave themselves from boot at least. Hope that helps!

Have you updated to the latest BIOS? I have a Gigiabyte Z370M D3H and this exact same issue (and I've seen other people with it from gigabyte motherboards too), but it was resolved by updating to the latest BIOS. One problem I'm still having is loud fans after wake from sleep that I still haven't yet resolved, but the fans behave themselves from boot at least. Hope that helps!

Thank you. I just flashed BIOS and that did it, no more noisy fans

Hi,

It happens to me (high speed fan after wake) , z370m d3h, I have last bios, F5 (new bios from 03/07/2018), and High Sierra. It happens when I make some changes in the BIOS. When it happens I reset the bios from the mb jumper, and after that I change the minimal (just the minimal options needed) options in BIOS and save. Usually is solved, if not I repeat. The problem is gone, no more crazy fan after wake, but If I make any change in BIOS it happens again. Thats the only problem with my build, easy to solve, all the other things are working nice. I hope gigabyte fixes this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back