Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I got this rig very stable, but when im exporting about 1/3 of the way through a 470 image export it KP's.

Im confused on why.

Side info. I have that drive in a EX FAT format, because, when i was having so many issues i wanted to be able access my saved work from that drive if i went back to win 7, if i didnt have a chance to back up new work.

ALSO, when I boot that drive takes about 2 minutes to show up in finder, as some times its grayed out and if i force quit finder and relaunch its fine.

as im typing this I will export to Main drive to see if its a ex fat issue.

This has been SOLVED!!!!! It was a heat issue. I popped the side panel, and used a industrial cage fan and blew forced air in it. I tripple exported a job and no KP!

Was about to order a new cooler (had stock one) and found out my Hyper n520 by cooler master had the brackets to fit 1155 :) Got it switched over and tripple exported and its alllllll good. :)

Attachments

• full log.odt
    15.3 KB · Views: 138
Re: Lightroom exports causes KP

KP LOG

Attachments

• kernal log.odt
    17.5 KB · Views: 116
  • kernal log.odt
    17.5 KB · Views: 81

ok, exporting to my SSD main osx drive desktop, KP'ed as well. ugh.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

dont know of a stress test for mac, so i ran cinebench back to back about 8 times to simulate a heavy processing load like exporting from LR. and was fine (score 5.16). Thought maybe it had something to do with heavy load on processor.

Anyone? Im at a loss... Been messing with it trying to track something, anything down for about 14 hours today alone...

Small update:
I moved all the files off my exfat drive...reformatted it to osx journaled and put files back on... in plugged external which is ex fat as well and I managed to complete an export. I have a feeling osx hates ex fat as it seems to take several minuted to even mount after desktop is up...

This has been SOLVED!!!!! It was a heat issue. I popped the side panel, and used a industrial cage fan and blew forced air in it. I tripple exported a job and no KP!

Was about to order a new cooler (had stock one) and found out my Hyper n520 by cooler master had the brackets to fit 1155 Got it switched over and tripple exported and its alllllll good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back