Contribute
Register

[solved] Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB install High Sierra success

Status
Not open for further replies.
@pacindamac

The Samsung PM981 is NOT compatible with macOS. I learned that the hard way after being glued to my laptop for 4 days straight with no results. I remembered I read a post somewhere about some Samsung drives being incompatible so I went and got a 970 EVO(regular not plus) after reading further. The OP needs to mention that super important detail. His EFI folder is so perfect I would of gotten it done in under two hours if I knew about the PM981. Careful with the PM981 screw mine was impossible to remove and after rubber bands, files, and lots of super glue I had to order some special pliers to remove that tiny screw. It was all worth it though, this thing looks and runs amazing. Good luck!

1) Which Yoga build do you have? 15-IKB, 13-IKB? etc?
1) What macOS did you install?
2) What clover version did you use?
3) Where did you copy dragonflylee's EFI folder?
a) Clover EFI (has folders: EFI,EFI-backups, Library, usr)​
b) EFI ( BOOTLOG File, EFI Folder)​
c) unmounted EFI partition on hard drive after macOS install​

Thank you

Last edited:
Update!!! noticed files on OP were updated 3 days ago. Installed OSX 14.4, Copied EFI Folder via Clover installer 5103, and added kext & cache repair , Reboot and a no-go gets stuck. Did notice Clover acts different once A OS is detected, freezes more often and loops on
busy timeout 60s IntelFBClientControl
IOConsoleUser Time 0
IO ConsoleUser gIOScreenLockState 3 hs 0 bs0 now 0 sm oxo
IOFB? new User Client wait Quiet Controller Fail. Apple Intel Frame Buffer
BlackScreens there after

Last edited:
Guy how on earth were ya able to boot this system so easily???
Im puzzled, this is my setup differences
Lenovo Yoga 730-13IKB with
Bios 1.10
Drive SSD m.2 samsung PM981 stock with Windows 10 installed
everything else is the same.
Is there a default EFI folder just to install 1st time around then use @dragonflylee EFI thereafter?
tried clover loader via USB 3.0/ 2.0 -- USB-A port / USB-C port if it had another port I would try it also!1
Loaded once no active trackpad & flakey keyboard , (used a 4-port USB-A Hub)- started , formatted , then Blackscreened via @dragonflylee EFI. Never to achieve that stage again. Any Ideas

Mebay you should disable WIFI via BIOS first

Hi, first of all, thanks for all the work!
question, has somebody managed to get the screen brightness control working?
thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, first of all, thanks for all the work!
question, has somebody managed to get the screen brightness control working?
thanks!
Open up your config.plist that's located in your EFI with Clover Configurator. On the Acpi section click on 2 under fixes to see more options. Once there all you have to do is checkmark AddPNLF save and reboot. Looks like the OP accidentally unchecked it and saved it without noticing the error. Hopefully he updates it.

Last edited:
Open up your config.plist that's located in your EFI with Clover Configurator. On the Acpi section click on 2 under fixes to see more options. Once there all you have to do is checkmark AddPNLF save and reboot.

Thanks. This really helped me.

hi, is someboy having problems with usb copy files speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back