Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen
CPU
8650U
Graphics
UHD 620 2560x1440
I have most everything (that I can tell working) PowerManagement appears to be working. I have USB's restricted to ones only in use (no fingerprint scanner or card reader). My battery life is around 3 hours with extremely light usage, vs Windows 8-9 hours moderate usage. By no stretch am I expecting to get the exact same as Windows, but I'm worried I've done something wrong thats consuming extra power while at idle.

DSDT has
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
HPET Fix
SMBUS Fix
IRQ Fix
RTC Fix
OS Check Fix
Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
USB3_PRW 0x63 Skylake (instant wake)
Lenovo X230i battery

and a Keymap for brightness buttons applied.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• debug_6261.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 240
  • AppleIntelInfo.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 259
  • lspcinnx1c.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 316
I have most everything (that I can tell working) PowerManagement appears to be working. I have USB's restricted to ones only in use (no fingerprint scanner or card reader). My battery life is around 3 hours with extremely light usage, vs Windows 8-9 hours moderate usage. By no stretch am I expecting to get the exact same as Windows, but I'm worried I've done something wrong thats consuming extra power while at idle.

DSDT has
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
HPET Fix
SMBUS Fix
IRQ Fix
RTC Fix
OS Check Fix
Lenovo X230i battery

Thanks for the help!

Problems:
- no kext installed for your Ethernet device
- no need to rename PR00->CPU0 ... remove that patch
- remove LittleSnitch and other unneeded software (NoTouchID, perhaps more)
- disable Thunderbolt in BIOS (if possible)
- no NVMe power management, so you can expect higher power usage (replace with SATA SSD)
- profile is missing data on screen resolution... please fix as per FAQ

just to update the thread, swapping to SATA m.2 SSD really improved things. It decreased CPU load as well and temps dropped around 5º all around. I also was improperly set to APFS instead of HFS+ on my NVMe drive. Disabling Thunderbolt in BIOS unfortunately also kills the USB-C 3.1 functionality. Installed Ethernet Kext as well.

Battery lasts approximately 6hrs with moderate use.

DSDT has
Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
HPET Fix
SMBUS Fix
IRQ Fix
RTC Fix
OS Check Fix
Lenovo X230i battery

Thanks for the help!
Which OS Check are you using and why do you need it? And why did you also apply USB3_PRW 0x63 Skylake (instant wake)?

Windows 10 OS Check, and USB3_PRW 0x6D Skylake (Instant Wake) was to fix the instant wake from S3 sleep. To enable S3 sleep apply https://delta-xi.net/#056 that patch before you apply any other DSDT patches.

You can try switching to MacBookPro14,1 SMBIOS (Or 15,1 whenever it launches) to enable HWP.
And X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext (Modified for your SMBIOS & CPU) to make CPU frequencies drop below 1.3Ghz.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi are mutually exclusive. Keep just AptioMemoryFix.efi.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi not needed when using AptioMemoryFix.efi. Remove.
Why HFSPlus-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi? I'd remove both and get a 'safe' driver linked from the laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Last edited:
You can try switching to MacBookPro14,1 SMBIOS (Or 15,1 whenever it launches) to enable HWP.
And X86PlatformPluginInjector.kext (Modified for your SMBIOS & CPU) to make CPU frequencies drop below 1.3Ghz.

OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix.efi are mutually exclusive. Keep just AptioMemoryFix.efi.
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi not needed when using AptioMemoryFix.efi. Remove.
Why HFSPlus-64.efi and HFSPlus.efi? I'd remove both and get a 'safe' driver linked from the laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I can't thank you enough, going to give this a go now!

edit: modified X86Platform and set SMBIOS to 14,1 now seeing below 1.3GHz idle (400MHz). We'll see how long I can get out of the battery now!

Last edited:
I can't thank you enough, going to give this a go now!

edit: modified X86Platform and set SMBIOS to 14,1 now seeing below 1.3GHz idle (400MHz). We'll see how long I can get out of the battery now!
How did you manage to get X86PlatformPlugin to load, I've added SSDT-XCPM.aml (renamed to PR00) to patched/ but it still does not show up under IORegistryExplorer

EDIT: I got it load but at idle, it's nowhere below 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back