i5-6300U
Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Thanks to the the great resources by @RehabMan, and the t460 repository by @tluck, I have my T470 running 10.13.6 pretty well.

My T470 is an i5-6300U so it seems more like most T460 mentions in the forum, then the i7 based T470's I read about.

Working:
1) Intel 520 graphics -- glitch free
2) Sleep -- fully work, including sleep blink leds
3) Wifi with alternate Broadcom BCM43xx

Partially working:
1) Dual battery with BATC

Not working:
1) KP in graphics in shutdown/restart (the shutdown and restart work, just a report on next boot -- included in attachments)
2) sound [I have leads on this and believe I can get it working]
3) no brightness slider despite PNLF SSDT addon, and config.plist patch.

The battery notification is strange, when both my batteries are charges fully, the notification incon reports fine on one of them. When that run downs, it says the standard, will suspend, but them seems to display the second battery at 100% and that displays until it runs down. Sometimes the icon will switch and display the other battery status for a minute, and switch back. Odd.

One other thing to note. I need my laptop daily, so left linux on my main NVMe drive, and am doing my entire Hack build on a USB 3 64GB thumb drive. When I am satisfied that I can use the system fully, I will bight the bullet and install on my NVMe drive.

Help/Guidance on my issues would be most appreciative. Willing to work on a guide when I get a good functional system.

Attached find my KP on restart, and debug zip.

Attachments

• panic.txt
    7.6 KB · Views: 225
  • debug_17533.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 162
I forgot to include my ACPI patches.

Also both batteries do show correct in HWMonitor.

My battery patch, has a small diff with respect to the one in RehabMan's repo:

48e2-44e1-dbdb:DSDT.T470 sjk$ diff -wu patch-files/2_battery_Lenovo-X220.txt ../Laptop-DSDT-Patch-master/battery/battery_Lenovo-X220.txt
--- patch-files/2_battery_Lenovo-X220.txt 2018-08-15 20:51:35.000000000 -0400
+++ ../Laptop-DSDT-Patch-master/battery/battery_Lenovo-X220.txt 2018-08-07 11:04:58.000000000 -0400
@@ -23,7 +23,7 @@

# Note: disable secondary battery
# *** remove this line if you have a second battery installed)
-#into method label _STA parent_label BAT1 replace_content begin Return(0) end;
+into method label _STA parent_label BAT1 replace_content begin Return(0) end;

# syntax fixes
into_all all code_regex Name\s+\(_HID,\s+\"\*(.*)\"\) replaceall_matched begin Name (_HID, "%1") end;
@@ -104,10 +104,7 @@
into device label EC code_regex SBCC,\s+16 replace_matched begin BCC0,8,BCC1,8 end;

# this one is fan related
-#(sjk) -- removed
-#into device label EC code_regex HFN1,\s+16 replace_matched begin FN10,8,FN11,8 end;
-#(sjk) added
-into device label EC code_regex HSPD,\s+16 replace_matched begin HFN1,8,HFN2,8 end;
+into device label EC code_regex HFN1,\s+16 replace_matched begin FN10,8,FN11,8 end;
# might also be fan related
into device label EC code_regex HSPD,\s+16 replace_matched begin SPD0,8,SPD1,8 end;

Cheers,
Scott.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    100.8 KB · Views: 170
Hi,

Thanks to the the great resources by @RehabMan, and the t460 repository by @tluck, I have my T470 running 10.13.6 pretty well.

My T470 is an i5-6300U so it seems more like most T460 mentions in the forum, then the i7 based T470's I read about.

Working:
1) Intel 520 graphics -- glitch free
2) Sleep -- fully work, including sleep blink leds
3) Wifi with alternate Broadcom BCM43xx

Partially working:
1) Dual battery with BATC

Not working:
1) KP in graphics in shutdown/restart (the shutdown and restart work, just a report on next boot -- included in attachments)
2) sound [I have leads on this and believe I can get it working]
3) no brightness slider despite PNLF SSDT addon, and config.plist patch.

The battery notification is strange, when both my batteries are charges fully, the notification incon reports fine on one of them. When that run downs, it says the standard, will suspend, but them seems to display the second battery at 100% and that displays until it runs down. Sometimes the icon will switch and display the other battery status for a minute, and switch back. Odd.

One other thing to note. I need my laptop daily, so left linux on my main NVMe drive, and am doing my entire Hack build on a USB 3 64GB thumb drive. When I am satisfied that I can use the system fully, I will bight the bullet and install on my NVMe drive.

Help/Guidance on my issues would be most appreciative. Willing to work on a guide when I get a good functional system.

Attached find my KP on restart, and debug zip.

See backlight guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Also, read guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Some positive news.

Used the script from @tluck to build a custom AppleBacklightInjector. It plays very nicely with the SSDT-PNTF-T460 -- Give a brightness slider and high brightness on my LCD panel.

I was injecting the wrong value for AppleALC, changed to inject a 29 instead of a 28, and sound is working well.

Still no real clue on the Panic report on startup (claims shutdown was do to an error, when I actually choose shutdown). I thought it might be nvram related, tried AptioMemoryFix-64 and all three OsxAptio* variants. They all behaved the same. Also tested native nvram, and that seems not to be working? Any more possibilities?

Have not had time to investigate the BATC behavior, where bat0 and bat1 show up in HWMonitor, but do not seem properly aggregated in the battery notification icon.

Some positive news.

Used the script from @tluck to build a custom AppleBacklightInjector. It plays very nicely with the SSDT-PNTF-T460 -- Give a brightness slider and high brightness on my LCD panel.

I was injecting the wrong value for AppleALC, changed to inject a 29 instead of a 28, and sound is working well.

Still no real clue on the Panic report on startup (claims shutdown was do to an error, when I actually choose shutdown). I thought it might be nvram related, tried AptioMemoryFix-64 and all three OsxAptio* variants. They all behaved the same. Also tested native nvram, and that seems not to be working? Any more possibilities?

Have not had time to investigate the BATC behavior, where bat0 and bat1 show up in HWMonitor, but do not seem properly aggregated in the battery notification icon.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Since yesterday I re-read faqs, and went over all my patches carefully. My T470 looks a lot like tluck's T460, but uses LPCB in it's DSDT namespace and not LPC. I re-jiggered a number of patches, and am in a much better state.

1) Graphics seem 100%
2) Wifi seems 100%
3) Screen Brightness controls works.
4) Function key bindings work well.
5) I believe the LPC --> LPCB solved my BATC aggregation of BAT0/BAT1.
6) Sound works great.
7) Trackpad is good.

Now the only real issue I have remaining is the KP on shutdown/restart. Like I said, the system will shutdown, just on the next restart I get the dialog that the system was shutdown due to an error, would I like to see the report.

I tried all the *Aptio*.efi variants. All seem to behave the same.

Problem Reporting files attached.

Cheers!

Attachments

• debug_7795.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 170
only real issue I have remaining is the KP on shutdown/restart. Like I said, the system will shutdown, just on the next restart I get the dialog that the system was shutdown due to an error, would I like to see the report.

NVRAM issue. Note system uptime is the same in each report:
Code:
System uptime in nanoseconds: 138803385175

If it were a unique KP report, the uptime would be slightly different in each case (nanoseconds being a very find measurement of time).

Your drivers64UEFI is wrong.
OsxAptio*.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi are mutually exclusive.
And you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (should not be present with AptioMemoryFix.efi).
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi requires "RC scripts" and you probably forgot to install them (you should always install them regardless).

Suggest:
- remove OsxAptio*.efi
- remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
- remove nvram.plist from EFI
- install "RC scripts" via the Clover installer

Thanks. Worked great.

Now 10.13.6 is running great on my T470 off a 64GB USB thumb drive. In a week of use, I will be ready to move it to the internal drive.

Thanks again.

Here is my whole EFI. I am currently running Catalina 10.15.2 and all of my components work fine. I use my machine daily as my go-to laptop. Not sure exactly how the 470s differs from my 470. This has my patched DSDT and several SSDT patched in the ACPI/patched directory.

Attachments

• t470-EFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 622
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back