Contribute
Register

(SOLVED) Lenovo T440s Restart Problem After 10.14.6 Supplemental Update - Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Just updated 2 of my machines (an aging Ivy Bridge desktop and a T440s running Haswell). The desktop is completely fine and normal.

The laptop, however, is now experiencing a weird issue when using Restart. Upon restarting, until I reach Clover again, the system is very, very slow. It takes about 6-7 minutes to go from restart back to Clover. My Desktop is not experiencing this issue.

Does anyone else with the Supplemental Update #2 have this issue?

Just updated 2 of my machines (an aging Ivy Bridge desktop and a T440s running Haswell). The desktop is completely fine and normal.

The laptop, however, is now experiencing a weird issue when using Restart. Upon restarting, until I reach Clover again, the system is very, very slow. It takes about 6-7 minutes to go from restart back to Clover. My Desktop is not experiencing this issue.

Not seeing this on my Haswell set up, all is good!

no issues here but you have to check your drive for errors, is that a mechanical drive or an SSD, you can try updating clover, cleaning the cache, reinstall the os "clean install" if you don't have a SSD drive maybe is time for one

do you have any other spare drive, does it only happens with mac os, have you tried installing windows in that drive, to see if it does the same with windows, check the laptop fan and CPU temperature , maybe is time to apply some new thermal paste.

no issues here but you have to check your drive for errors, is that a mechanical drive or an SSD, you can try updating clover, cleaning the cache, reinstall the os "clean install" if you don't have a SSD drive maybe is time for one

do you have any other spare drive, does it only happens with mac os, have you tried installing windows in that drive, to see if it does the same with windows, check the laptop fan and CPU temperature , maybe is time to apply some new thermal paste.
I’m investigating this issue now. It might be unrelated to the supplemental update actually. Might be some SSDT config changes I made a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the tips though!!

To anyone who comes across this post: it turns out the issue was actually related to an SSDT I was using (SSDT-XOSI.aml). I'm still not sure if this SSDT was always causing this "restart" issue, or if it was only an issue after updating. I've been using this SSDT for months and never noticed the slow restart issue I've started experiencing after installing this update, so I'm inclined to think that a combination of this supplemental update and that SSDT caused my slow restart issue.

For now, I've removed the SSDT without any negative side affects so that is my solution going forward until I figure out exactly what might be causing it with that SSDT.

Also see: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sing-clover-uefi-hotpatch.279492/post-1999060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back