[solved] Lenovo T430 Boot-up Loop Error

Motherboard
Foxconn-H81MXV
CPU
Core i3 4150 3.5 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Hi Rehabman

I have recently updated my Lenovo T430 HS to Mojave 10.14.1. After some tune-up & tweaking I have managed to have the build working almost perfectly. Every feature is working as it should except for the startup error, where on each boot-time as the system starts to load up, after a second or two a rebooting loop continues for several times before finally it successfully boots into the OS. Strangely, should I have the -v boot arg loaded from Clover boot loader or config.plist, the system usually do not go through the boot loop. Any idea why? I should mention it that the same issue keeps happening in my other two desktop builds.

On another note, I have managed to have my Brightness feature working through the System Preferences > Display. But I didn't manage to have my Fn keys to work. I have tried following your guide but I could not get the EC queries info from the Console's System.log nor could I get the info by running the [log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug] command from the terminal. Any help?

Finally, although I have installed the kext for the SD card reader, the reader does not show up. Any clues? As usual, I have attached the problem reporting files as requested. Hope they are Ok. BTW, I did run the script for the PR as per your guide and it seemed to work, as the script had a Folder at the desktop where it was apparently dumping all the files. But right after the script completed its tasks, the folder vanishes without a trace. Hope you have some answers.

Looking forward to your response. Thanking in advance.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Rehabman

I have recently updated my Lenovo T430 HS to Mojave 10.14.1. After some tune-up & tweaking I have managed to have the build working almost perfectly. Every feature is working as it should except for the startup error, where on each boot-time as the system starts to load up, after a second or two a rebooting loop continues for several times before finally it successfully boots into the OS. Strangely, should I have the -v boot arg loaded from Clover boot loader or config.plist, the system usually do not go through the boot loop. Any idea why? I should mention it that the same issue keeps happening in my other two desktop builds.

On another note, I have managed to have my Brightness feature working through the System Preferences > Display. But I didn't manage to have my Fn keys to work. I have tried following your guide but I could not get the EC queries info from the Console's System.log nor could I get the info by running the [log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug] command from the terminal. Any help?

Finally, although I have installed the kext for the SD card reader, the reader does not show up. Any clues? As usual, I have attached the problem reporting files as requested. Hope they are Ok. BTW, I did run the script for the PR as per your guide and it seemed to work, as the script had a Folder at the desktop where it was apparently dumping all the files. But right after the script completed its tasks, the folder vanishes without a trace. Hope you have some answers.

Looking forward to your response. Thanking in advance.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Motherboard
Foxconn-H81MXV
CPU
Core i3 4150 3.5 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4400

Attachments

Motherboard
Foxconn-H81MXV
CPU
Core i3 4150 3.5 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Please use gen_debug.sh as requested.
Hi Rehabman

I am sorry if I haven't made it clear; I did try to run the debug tool, but each time the folder disappeared from the Desktop. Any suggestions?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Rehabman

I am sorry if I haven't made it clear; I did try to run the debug tool, but each time the folder disappeared from the Desktop. Any suggestions?
Refer to the gen_debug.sh output/logs.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Rehabman

Thanks for the heads up. And now, here you go with the PR files.
Start over with config.plist from the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: You will find your brightness keys are handled in _Q14 and _Q15.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Motherboard
Foxconn-H81MXV
CPU
Core i3 4150 3.5 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Start over with config.plist from the guide:

Note: You will find your brightness keys are handled in _Q14 and _Q15.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
Hi Rehabman

Great suggestions! Everything seems to be in working order. Even the Fn keys are working. No more boot loops. Yay!

Just one query. I tried the VoodooSDHC2.kext, but no luck with the SD card reader. Any suggestions?

Once again, thanks for the great help.