Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thunderobot (Clevo) Laptop
CPU
Intel CORE i7-7700HQ (Laptop)
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050
Hello,

I've successfully built a hackintosh on my Thunderobot ST-PLUS gaming laptop(quite uncommom brando_O) with dual graphic cards

CPU: Intel Core-i7-7700HQ
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics HD 630
dGPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

I'm currently running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and almost everything is working perfectly except the NVIDIA GPU that had been disabled by patching SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml

Recently I find that the un-driven NVIDIA GPU will continuously idle after the laptop wakes from sleep, with much heat and fan noise produced and the battery drained quickly. And after I reboot the computer, the dGPU seems to shut down completely and the fans are no longer noisy.

I met the similar issue when running some Linux distros(ubuntu server, deepin, etc), however in Linux I can switch off the dGPU using the command line tool Bumblebee/bbswitch. But I have no idea how to do this on macOS with the modified system ACPI.

Any solution or idea please, thanks sincerely!:lol:

I'm not a native English speaker, sorry if my words are confusing.

Last edited:
Hello,

I've successfully built a hackintosh on my Thunderobot ST-PLUS gaming laptop(quite uncommom brando_O) with dual graphic cards

CPU: Intel Core-i7-7700HQ
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics HD 630
dGPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

I'm currently running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 and almost everything is working perfectly except the NVIDIA GPU that had been disabled by patching SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml

Recently I find that the un-driven NVIDIA GPU will continuously idle after the laptop wakes from sleep, with much heat and fan noise produced and the battery drained quickly. And after I reboot the computer, the dGPU seems to shut down completely and the fans are no longer noisy.

I met the similar issue when running some Linux distros(ubuntu server, deepin, etc), however in Linux I can switch off the dGPU using the command line tool Bumblebee/bbswitch. But I have no idea how to do this on macOS with the modified system ACPI.

Any solution or idea please, thanks sincerely!:lol:

I'm not a native English speaker, sorry if my words are confusing.

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

Read it carefully, especially the part regarding _PTS and _WAK related patching.

Thanks a lot, it disabled it on wake.
Sorry for my not reading your guide completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back