Motherboard
ASROCK Z270 Taichi
CPU
3.79 GHz Intel i5-7600K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
After the initial install I was able to boot in and everything was gravy.

When I started using multibeast to install drivers is where everything went to 'ell. Ultimately I was able to still boot in using the boot args "nv_disable=1" & "-disablegfxfirmware" (I still have no clue what -disablegfxfirmware is, if someone has any insight) & selecting "Remove all Clover Boot options." Still not sure what options these are and if they are indeed separate from Kexts/Boot Args. Haven't found much info on this specific item.

UsJlmKt.jpg

From there I discovered how to use clover configurator to make those boot args permanent. Following this path, I read that "nvda_drv=1" should be one of those. Later discovering that Sierra and High Sierra have a new way of enabling Nvidia drivers using multibeast. Haven't been able to get back in to change that yet.

Here's a video on the boot in verbose:

The only things that seem even vaguely like they might be the culprits are:
- com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList
- com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]
- com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e

One thing to add, I can't even boot into safe mode. I've read a little about changing Kexts in Single User Mode, but haven't tried to dig into that yet. I'm pretty close to just doing a reinstall, but would like to avoid if possible.

Again, no matter what I seem to do, I boot from my main drive and it loops continuously.

Help is much appreciated!!

Last edited:
The culprit does indeed appear to be the AppleIntelE1000e.kext.
If you cannot boot in safe mode then perhaps you can hook the drive up to another Mac/Hack and remove the offending kext.

The culprit does indeed appear to be the AppleIntelE1000e.kext.
If you cannot boot in safe mode then perhaps you can hook the drive up to another Mac/Hack and remove the offending kext.

Thanks Pilgrim. Is there a way to remove Kexts from inside Single User Mode?

I found an article with these commands to remove AppleIntelE1000e.kext

mount - uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf name_of_the_kext.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
shutdown -r now

So far nothing has changed. Using the Debug kexts "kextlog=0xffff" boot arg to further troubleshoot.

Also, I learned that "If you have a 7th generation Kaby Lake CPU there is an extra step to getting it working in High Sierra. Add the boot flag -disablegfxfirmware to your config.plist under Boot/Arguments". Couldn't find what it was used for until now.

Cheers

Reinstalled. I let Unibeast install everything that was needed and only installed minimal things from multibeast. So far so good.

Reinstalled. I let Unibeast install everything that was needed and only installed minimal things from multibeast. So far so good.

Rebooted after multibeast, can't get back in. However, I didn't set UEFI + NVRAM or install the new Nvidia drivers yet. Will report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back