4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I downloaded the latest version of HWMonitor.app and its associated set of kexts (including FakeSMC.kext), version 6.26.1440, dated Aug. 26, 2017 (because it now has support for Nvidia Pascal graphics cards). I manually deleted the existing "XXXSensors.kext" files from /Library/Extensions, but not the existing FakeSMC.kext (because I was afraid deleting it might cause problems). Then I put all the kexts from the HWMonitor download on the desktop, ran KextBeast, and told it to install them in /Library/Extensions. Then I rebooted.

The result was, the "XXXSensors.kext" got installed, but KextBeast did not replace FakeSMC.kext with the updated version; the old one is still there. Is there a way to force KextBeast to replace it? Or, alternately, can I get away with manually deleting it before running KextBeast to install it?

can I get away with manually deleting it before running KextBeast to install it?
Absolutely.
Don't forget the one in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other too - You don't want to end up with mismatched versions.

Absolutely.
Don't forget the one in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other too - You don't want to end up with mismatched versions.

Great, thanks! Yeah, I already took care of that one. So I guess I do have mismatched versions at the moment. Oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back