i5-3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Could someone explain how you install the kexts that are in a folder/bundle with Kext Wizard?

I haven't found anything that explains this. On the how to install portion for that kext it says "Install with Kext Wizard". The app only recognizes actual kext files, but downloading the bundles from github for the other types gets me nowhere. There is no actual kext file in the folder or package.

USB Inject All is one example.

What am I missing?

Could someone explain how you install the kexts that are in a folder/bundle with Kext Wizard?

I haven't found anything that explains this. On the how to install portion for that kext it says "Install with Kext Wizard". The app only recognizes actual kext files, but downloading the bundles from github for the other types gets me nowhere. There is no actual kext file in the folder or package.

USB Inject All is one example.

What am I missing?
if you download "kexts" from github, you normally have to compile them with xcode

or in the readme is sometimes a link to the actual kext download

if you download "kexts" from github, you normally have to compile them with xcode

or in the readme is sometimes a link to the actual kext download
Why wouldn't they just have the link from the start? Seems like a bunch of extra work.

There wasn't a link anywhere in the readme. It was just the same thing posted on the github page for that file.

How do you compile it to a kext file?

Thank You!!!

That's what I needed. This should be put in the instructions. Anyone that has no idea about this part will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back