Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
For some months now I had a fully working machine, which was backed up with SuperDuper! every night to a bootable external drive before I went to bed.
Recently I wanted to start the machine and this came up:
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x2e8395ed):"i386_pmGetDeadline:NULL pointer\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement/ApplIntelCPUPowerManagement-105.13/pmDispatch.c:130
It seemed the machine could not be started at all. I thought: " No fear, I have a backup, don't I?" The problem must have developed before I made the backup, so when I tried to boot the external drive to do a restore I got exactly the same message from the backup disk. I backed up the problem as well. :oops:

Fortunately on a separate hard disk I have Windows 7 installed so I could start to investigate on the net what caused this error. It seems other people have encountered this, as there were numerous entries about it. There were solutions to just delete this particular kext, (com.Apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) something else here and there, but none of the offered solutions worked. Some of the solutions reckon it's caused by faulty RAM. I really thought this is IT, since recently I have bought another 4GB of RAM, so I removed it. Of course there was no difference. This was a dead end, since Windows 7 and Windows XP on yet another HDD work faultlessly. So, what to do, as my machine was set up real nice and I'd like to have it back? :mrgreen:
I reinstalled OS X on the now defunct disk, and everything went smoothly, it boots with the Multibeast menu so I can choose the Win7 disk or OS X, which further proves the KP is not caused by RAM fault.

So, I appeal to anyone who had this problem AND SOLVED IT to share his knowledge with me. I would dearly have my machine work the way it did before. :sick:

Actually, the solution was to just reinstall everything. The backup drive was accessible, just wouldn't boot. So, after many hours I'm back to a working machine, minus all my emails.
Of course I still don't know what caused it, lots of people read the post, but didn't offer any ideas for a fix :(

it seems that help is selectively offered among these forums. I'm giving up and buying a mac

Don`t be mad my friend,

i feel your frustration and i can only say if i knew anything at all about what`s messing your system, i`d be so happy to help you out...but sometimes help isn`t on demand...but just so you know, there are a lot of really helpful people here and real good ones too...i mean Great Minds for what it`s worth and some of them deserve to be working at Apple if steve cares about it at all, so don`t take it for granted!!!

i`m a beginner just like you and maybe with little knowledge but through patience, trial and common sense i learn things and share when i can. but it doesn`t mean that i don`t ask for help, don`t get me wrong...i`m now reading mac magazines and ebooks ...and i came a long way..you should do the same!

i wish i could help but don`t give it up just yet and do some research, you will figure it out and fix it.

i hope you don`t buy a mac...cause Apple is damn good at ripping off money for fancy-pointless-retard hardware.

take care :thumbup:

Thanks for the encouragement Lukin, I am much tougher than to give up. Anyway, this was not a big deal, everything is OK now. I reboot the machine before I make the backup so I don't make a dud backup.
As far as buying a MAC !!! :thumbdown: I built the Hackintosh because I had an iMac. I have never dealt with a company like Apple and never want to again. After 2 months the iMac was history and now I am a happy camper. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back