Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-S Sabertooth
CPU
Intel i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070
Hey guys!

First of all my specs are ASUS Z170-S sabertooth, Intel i7-6700K and 16GB Ram.

I got Sierra fully installed. Now I'm trying to boot, and when I boot I get a kernel panic. The picture is in the attachments. (Sorry the pic is tilted. It looks normal on my computer.) The panic basically talks about the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer. I've also included my config.plist. I used multibeast to Inject Intel HD530 of course. I've also tried booting without Injected kexts and the same situation happens. I can still boot into it with my USB drive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Or at least if you have a Skylake and the HD530 works then I'd like to see your config.plist.

EDIT: I booted into safe mode and the about mac has 1536MB like it was supposed to but there's no graphics acceleration.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_3678.JPG
    IMG_3678.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
I've got a different Z170 skylake board and my HD530 works WITHOUT any injection (no inject-intel and empty ig- plaform-id) in Sierra! I also disabled any related kext patches. I did Need the dsdt patch HDAS to HDEF however. Not sure this info helps, but just in case you didn't try.

Unfortunately that didn't work for me. My screen went straight black halfway through booting up.

I'm trying multiple combos of not injecting Intel, ig platform etc. I do get farther now with the Rename patch because I don't get the kernel panic but once verbose gets done doing it's stuff, the apple logo comes up with a bar that's empty. (Apple logo shows up after I injected Intel and used Ig platform) Stays like that for a few seconds then goes to a black screen. There's signal being sent because my monitor didn't go into power saving mode etc. But I have to reset comp to get out of it.

Edit: I set inject to false, no ig platform, no 10.11 display in kext to patch and no rename..because I also saw somewhere else that someone didn't inject anything and it worked. So I tried again, what makes it different than what I did earlier was that I had some SSDTs in patched from El Capitan. They were for audio though and maybe one for graphics. I removed those and there's still no kernel panic. BUT the situation is still the same as above. It boots to the Apple logo with an empty loading bar then the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Last edited:
The panic doesn't show up anymore. I don't know why. I can also boot into Sierra now but the graphics acceleration is still messed up. I have to inject Intel to fix the above situation where the Apple logo progress bar is empty then goes to black screen.

Also in verbose it says "Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver". I guess this has to do with no graphics acceleration. As usual, any help would be appreciated.

Hi Yaca13,
I have the same Kernel Panic : AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer when I inject HD530 with Multibeast.
My config : ASUS Z170 ProGaming / Intel i5 6600K
Did you find a solution ?

(I'm french and speak very bad english ;) )

Hi Yaca13,
I have the same Kernel Panic : AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer when I inject HD530 with Multibeast.
My config : ASUS Z170 ProGaming / Intel i5 6600K
Did you find a solution ?

(I'm french and speak very bad english ;) )
I just tried a lot of stuff and got it working. If you have a HD530, I think you have to inject intel, don't do the ig platform, and don't patch IntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer like you would do on El Capitan.

This won't let you get hardware acceleration but it'll get you to boot to Sierra.

thank's Yaca for your quick reply !
Yes, I have Intel HD530.
I tried all Inject Intel / ig Platform combinations, nothing works ...

And miracle, I just increase DVMT parameter on my motherboard (32GB --> 1024Gb) and it works !! good :)

@yaca13 I am thinking about buying the same motherboard and using the HD530 in OSX.

Can you explain a bit what "won't let you get hardware acceleration" means in practical terms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back