Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kernel Panic after installing lilu.kext and intelgraphicsfixuip.kext for 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up on this long time ago. Nobody cares to help even thou I see similar systems are working? O well.

I just went down this rabbit hole, after a few hours of expletives and threatening to break the goddamn thing I found the fix. Make sure your AppleALC is updated. You can get the latest here.

Of course, ensure that your Clover is updated as well. But, in the end, if your AppleALC isn't updated you're going to have a bad time.

Hope this saves someone else from the headaches I went through.. :thumbup::banghead:

Thank you undert0w! That fixed the issue. exiled, if you're running into this as well give this a shot. Also thanks to everyone that helped out in this thread.

Here's what I did:
I installed AppleALC 1.1.3, restarted.
Then I installed Lilu 1.1.5 and IntelGraphicsFixup 1.1.5 and restarted.
Now Sierra 10.12.5 starts up with Graphics Acceleration again.

Also, just in case anyone else finds this thread helpful, I did previously update my version of clover prior to making the changes listed above.

Solved!

Thank you undert0w! That fixed the issue. exiled, if you're running into this as well give this a shot. Also thanks to everyone that helped out in this thread.

Here's what I did:
I installed AppleALC 1.1.3, restarted.
Then I installed Lilu 1.1.5 and IntelGraphicsFixup 1.1.5 and restarted.
Now Sierra 10.12.5 starts up with Graphics Acceleration again.

Also, just in case anyone else finds this thread helpful, I did previously update my version of clover prior to making the changes listed above.

Solved!

Works great! Thanks a lot

I give up on this long time ago. Nobody cares to help even thou I see similar systems are working? O well.
Lol I see how you can/would feel that way...

So how would I install these if I can't even get it to boot from the ssd...USB or recovery?

Lol I see how you can/would feel that way...

So how would I install these if I can't even get it to boot from the ssd...USB or recovery?

The key to being able to apply this fix is to be able to boot from your recovery USB. I explain how I got my system to boot off my usb drive in #9.

When after installing a .kext / [kernel extension] you get a boot loop, in this situation the best you can do is try to boot in Safe Mode. This is how I've fixed it on my laptop:
-Inside the clover menu instead of booting by pressing enter I've pressed space a menu will appear select/check Safe Mode then return and boot.
- If you have successfully booted in safe Mode log in into your account and open terminal
- type sudo -s and type your secret pass code :p
- kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/TheKextYouWantToRemove.kext
- rm -rf /System / Library/Extensions/TheKextYouWantToRemove.kext
#####
If after kextunload command failed to unload directly use rm -rf
#####

I'm not a Pro but this worked for me

sudo kextcache -I/
after you install kexts using kext utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back