ASRock H97M Pro4
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi All,

After install the latest HWSensors 6.25.1426 into my SLE, there always a kernel panic when booting, KP is like:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors(1426.0).....
dependency:.....IOACPIFamily(1.4)
dependency:.....IOPCIFamily(2.9)
dependency:.....FakeSMC(1426)
Boot args are: kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0
IMG_3677.JPG

I have also copy those kexts into EFI's clover' kext folder.
after I got the kernal, i have tried use the old backups in EFI, but not working, and I cannot edit the SLE's kexts without login to Mac, so any ideas about how can i login to the system or edit SLE without login?

Thanks!

Hi All,

After install the latest HWSensors 6.25.1426 into my SLE, there always a kernel panic when booting, KP is like:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors(1426.0).....
dependency:.....IOACPIFamily(1.4)
dependency:.....IOPCIFamily(2.9)
dependency:.....FakeSMC(1426)
Boot args are: kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0
View attachment 250360
I have also copy those kexts into EFI's clover' kext folder.
after I got the kernal, i have tried use the old backups in EFI, but not working, and I cannot edit the SLE's kexts without login to Mac, so any ideas about how can i login to the system or edit SLE without login?

Thanks!
Have you installed FakeSMCSensors to S/L/E or the .app of HWMonitor?
Also you should but these kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other, this folder are only for essential kexts that your system need to boot up.
You can use your bootable USB drive to boot up your mac OS, you can also boot mac OS in safe mode.

Have you installed FakeSMCSensors to S/L/E or the .app of HWMonitor?
Also you should but these kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other, this folder are only for essential kexts that your system need to boot up.
You can use your bootable USB drive to boot up your mac OS, you can also boot mac OS in safe mode.
Thanks for reply!
Sure, the new FakeSMC is in my SLE, because I also have an ubuntu installed, so I can check my SLE but cannot edit it. The Clover's others's also have FakeSMC and NullPower kexts, but didn't works.
I also tried safe mode, still the same kernel panic.
I think the only way left is make a new bootable USB disk to try to boot it and will try it tomorrow with a workable Mac.

Thanks for reply!
Sure, the new FakeSMC is in my SLE, because I also have an ubuntu installed, so I can check my SLE but cannot edit it. The Clover's others's also have FakeSMC and NullPower kexts, but didn't works.
I also tried safe mode, still the same kernel panic.
I think the only way left is make a new bootable USB disk to try to boot it and will try it tomorrow with a workable Mac.
NullCPUPowermanagement.kext sin´t a permanent solution, you should remove it!

Thanks for everyone trying to help, finally I solved it. After made a new clover bootable usb, put necessary fakeSMC in it, then in that USB I found I actually have an Recovery Partition (I dont even realize I have that, and it didnt show up in my disk's clover), boot it and it would show up some options like reinstall the system, time machine, etc. Then I find there is a terminal in menu and I can manipulate the disk with it without login. After remove the GPUSensors.kext, everything works good now.

Thanks for everyone trying to help, finally I solved it. After made a new clover bootable usb, put necessary fakeSMC in it, then in that USB I found I actually have an Recovery Partition (I dont even realize I have that, and it didnt show up in my disk's clover), boot it and it would show up some options like reinstall the system, time machine, etc. Then I find there is a terminal in menu and I can manipulate the disk with it without login. After remove the GPUSensors.kext, everything works good now.

Hi Kindpire,

I'm quite new and I've installed Sierra and I've probably installed a wrong driver with multibeast. Then I've got the same Kernel panic as you.

I don't understand your procedure in your last post. How do you put the necessary fakeSMC in the USB ?

thanks

My config (ASUS rogue strix, Intel Core i5, GeForce 1060, 16 Go Ram, Samsung 500 Go SSD.

@petitpierre, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back