Contribute
Register

[Solved] Kaby Lake Z270 + 960 evo (nVME) boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
What video connection?
I had problem with DP, switching to HDMI solved the problem.
Not sure why or how.

I'm using DP, and i'd prefer staying with that since that's what my Windows installation uses.

Maybe there's a specific DP port it uses by default though? I havent experimented with switching the connected port.

I have a k1200 which has 4 miniDP and none of that works when connection to a DP or miniDP port on my monitor(DELL U2715H)
Then I just used a DP to HDMI cable (passive) to the HDMI port on the same monitor, things work as expected. Still got the black screen when using iMac 17,1, and fix that by patching AGDP

Interesting, I'll make sure to try this.

I have a k1200 which has 4 miniDP and none of that works when connection to a DP or miniDP port on my monitor(DELL U2715H)
Then I just used a DP to HDMI cable (passive) to the HDMI port on the same monitor, things work as expected. Still got the black screen when using iMac 17,1, and fix that by patching AGDP

Nice monitor choice, I have the U2515H :)

I guess moving to HDMI can be a last resort option. Does it keep the full resolution though?

On my monitor which supports only max to 1440p, either 1.4 or 2.0 is capable of 1440p.
The video card is capable of outputting 4*DP1.2 simultaneous but not aggregated, for the monitor HDMI port I am not sure whether it's 2.0 or 1.4. (I really think it is 1.4)
So, yes full res no problem.

Your video card is capable of hdmi2.0, so even if you had a 4k monitor has hdmi2.0 connecting to it, it should be just fine.
I am only referring to passive cables.
If there's anything active, you have to make sure either the docking station or active cable along the way from machine to monitor must be 2.0 to support 4k.

Also, if UI size is your concern, Rehabman has a very neat guide of add custom HiDPI profiles for the monitor(port) you're using.

CSM was already enabled, I tried disabling it just for the hell of it and now I get HD video in Clover, but same issue remains on boot. Now instead of going black though, the image corrupts into a bunch of colorful pixes.

I also tried switching to HDMI, no dice. I patched AGDP as well. I tried the MacPro6,1 definition. Anyone have more ideas? :p

@DsurioN You can try to use the keyboard shortcut cmd+shift+3 to take a full screen shot.
If the driver is loaded correctly you will get full res, otherwise it's gonna get low res+non-transparent dock.
So at least you would know it's loaded, just black screen.

@GhostHitWall I assume this only works once the Desktop is loaded? In that case I guess i'll try setting up autologin. Thanks for the tip

EDIT: According to my screenshot, it looks like the driver does load successfully (at 1280x1024). Now to figure out how to actually get it to show on screen...

EDIT2: Wow I feel stupid. Somehow "Inject Nvidia" was still enabled. I set it to "False" and voila - drivers work :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 10.19.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 10.19.31 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Hi all,

First time Hackintosh installer.
Went ok for first attempt following all steps (while not quite understanding everything yet).

My issue occurs when trying to boot directly from nvme drive.
Get the Apple progress bar, and 3/4 through a circle with a diagonal line in it. On mac this normally means corrupt OS.

If I boot via USB first, and choose nvme drive I get into Mac OS no problems.

Why does USB boot work but direct boot not?
How do i enable verbose mode to see why it fails?

Hi all,

First time Hackintosh installer.
Went ok for first attempt following all steps (while not quite understanding everything yet).

My issue occurs when trying to boot directly from nvme drive.
Get the Apple progress bar, and 3/4 through a circle with a diagonal line in it. On mac this normally means corrupt OS.

If I boot via USB first, and choose nvme drive I get into Mac OS no problems.

Why does USB boot work but direct boot not?
How do i enable verbose mode to see why it fails?

How did you implement NVMe support?
Did you follow the spoof guide?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back