Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > need model name > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 570
Hey everyone,

Update to Mojave went great - all is well in every aspect except one: I just noticed today that the system is suffering from the JPG preview issue outlined here in another post where preview doesn't work on JPG files but works on everything else. I need some help interpreting what this is saying:

"Switch your SMBIOS in Clover config in regards to the dedicated GPU you're using, instead of the CPU. Take a look here and choose the corresponding SMBIOS closest to your hardware."

I don't understand what that means. I don't see anything in the SMBIOS switching the GPU. Is it called something else and I'm just missing it? Or is it referring to the system definition? I think the idea is to make the system realize it's a dedicated GPU, correct?

I tried the Lilu method by putting it into into /clover/kexts/other but that didn't solve it unfortunately.

FYI - this got solved.

Turns out the KEXT fix in the link DOES work, but if you don't update Lilu first, it will not work. So if you're having this same problem just update to the newest version of Lilu, then use the NoVPAJpeg kext and it worked like a charm.

FYI - this got solved.

Turns out the KEXT fix in the link DOES work, but if you don't update Lilu first, it will not work. So if you're having this same problem just update to the newest version of Lilu, then use the NoVPAJpeg kext and it worked like a charm.
PERFECT

FYI - this got solved.

Thanks for updating with the solution. I always do that too incase others find it useful to have the answer.

FYI - this got solved.

At first, I thought I was looking at a corrupted disk, but the `$ file something.jpg` command could read the EXIF/metadata just fine.

Before finding this thread, I saw the same instructions as your OP elsewhere on the interwebs. They seemed a bit odd, so I held off until I could confirm. Thanks for following up with your solution. This was an easy fix.

If your motherboard supports iGPU, then that's the correct fix, FYI

Solved, IGD Multi-monitor [Enabled], FYI

I had the same problem on a GigaByte Series 8 board. The fastest solution is to use a Mac ID which has no internal graphics card (I have a Radeon 580 and disabled the IGD in BIOS). I used clover configurator, load the config.plist from the boot drive's EFI folder and set in SMBIOS the model to iMacPro1,1. After reboot everything worked.

I had the same problem on a GigaByte Series 8 board. The fastest solution is to use a Mac ID which has no internal graphics card (I have a Radeon 580 and disabled the IGD in BIOS). I used clover configurator, load the config.plist from the boot drive's EFI folder and set in SMBIOS the model to iMacPro1,1. After reboot everything worked.

I'd really like to how you did this,
I have a gigabyte Z170X gaming 5 board and a Radeon 580,
how do you disable the IGD in Bios.
Can you give me a step by step?
I have had the problem for sooooo long.

I'd really like to how you did this,
I have a gigabyte Z170X gaming 5 board and a Radeon 580,
how do you disable the IGD in Bios.
Can you give me a step by step?
I have had the problem for sooooo long.
Start your PC, navigate to BIOS (F2/Delete keyboard). Find something related with Graphics configuration. In my case there is "Advanced" -> GPU Graphics -> Preffered Device -> PCIExpress (was Auto)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back