i7 8700k
Graphics
gtx 1080ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This machine has been working great for years, even Sierra, no issues at all. I had issues with the installation that I had to do it from another machine. This is what's happening. I have tried many flags/args.
If I take this HD and put it in my other machine, it works fine, it boots in High Sierra. If I boot into standard Sierra on this ep45 (q9550) it works also. WHat's special about core 2 quad and High sierra? I thought those were still supported? any idea? any flag I should use in clover for this to work when it was not needed in sierra?
IMG_0054.JPG IMG_0056.JPG

This machine has been working great for years, even Sierra, no issues at all. I had issues with the installation that I had to do it from another machine. This is what's happening. I have tried many flags/args.
If I take this HD and put it in my other machine, it works fine, it boots in High Sierra. If I boot into standard Sierra on this ep45 (q9550) it works also. WHat's special about core 2 quad and High sierra? I thought those were still supported? any idea? any flag I should use in clover for this to work when it was not needed in sierra?
View attachment 294587 View attachment 294588
PS: the 2nd screenshot shows that indeed, the text is all garbled.. and I tried with an old gt740 and GTX970. same result.

Still wait root device. Maybe That cause, ICH10 Sata Kext. U need AppleAHCIPort Patches in config.plist.
Already I run 10.13.1 P5QL-E now, not yet use CPU Power Management. Anyone can sucsess q9550 PM high sierra? a cant find Dsdt database on site. That system older them...

Still wait root device. Maybe That cause, ICH10 Sata Kext. U need AppleAHCIPort Patches in config.plist.
Already I run 10.13.1 P5QL-E now, not yet use CPU Power Management. Anyone can sucsess q9550 PM high sierra? a cant find Dsdt database on site. That system older them...
it worked! Thank you!

So, crap, with the new 10.13.2 it's broken again. I had not used clover to make changes to the ahciport, i simply used a different KEXT for older patched version which worked. i guess only short lived, and will always create issues with new upgrades. how would I patch this definitively with clover config?

awesome, it worked this time. I had done those changes a few days ago but didn't work Come to find out the values were changed. (looked completely different, with = and HEX code in there). not sure what got corrupted. but anyway this time I added it with the plist editor instead of clover config tool. and it worked. yay! thx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back