Contribute
Register

[Solved] Issues when enabling / disabling "change _OSI to XOSI" in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something your native ACPI is doing differently for the supported _OSI string list in SSDT-XOSI.aml.
You'll need to analyze your ACPI code.

Thank you. What ACPI origin file I should look on and how I can find a correct string? Could you please give me bullet points about things i need to do?

Thank you. What ACPI origin file I should look on and how I can find a correct string? Could you please give me bullet points about things i need to do?

Look at all of them.
Analyze code that calls _OSI.

Look at all of them.
Analyze code that calls _OSI.

Marked title as solved.

So after removing "Windows 2012", "Windows 2013" and "Windows 2015" from SSDT-XOSI.dsl, CPU and kernel_task operate mostly normally now, although these strings are called by _OSI function in my DSDT.dsl

CPU usage is still a bit higher (1GHz and up) than the case when the _OSI->XOSI patch is disabled (mostly around 900Mhz). Do you guys have any ideas on that?

Attachments

• SSDT-XOSI.dsl
    1.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
Marked title as solved.

So after removing "Windows 2012", "Windows 2013" and "Windows 2015" from SSDT-XOSI.dsl, CPU and kernel_task operate mostly normally now, although these strings are called by _OSI function in my DSDT.dsl

CPU usage is still a bit higher (1GHz and up) than the case when the _OSI->XOSI patch is disabled (mostly around 900Mhz). Do you guys have any ideas on that?

Review/analyze all code that is dependent on _OSI result.

Marked title as solved.

I'm just learning about the XOSI / _OSI override as I consider it for my Dell Latitude E6410. I noticed that your DSDT includes "Linux" as a possible OS identification, but your SSDT_XOSI.dsl does not include "Linux." Was this intentional? I'm curious - have you tried running with "Darwin" emulating "Linux" in your DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back