1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I do not understand anymore if I'm tired or what ...:crazy:

• In the BIOS I set USB verbatim as the primary boot
• I inserted the USB key with the High Sierra installer

1. in the clover screen if I select USB I have an infinity black screen
2. if before I get to clover I press F9 to open the boot menu and choose USB verbatim I get this message
reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

I'm not understanding anything anymore :banghead:

I do not understand anymore if I'm tired or what ...:crazy:

2. if before I get to clover I press F9 to open the boot menu and choose USB verbatim I get this message
reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

I'm not understanding anything anymore :banghead:
F12 key for Boot Device selection for Gigabyte. NOT F9=System Information

Please help me...
It is a little bit hard to understand clearly what you meant in #24

Is USB verbatim your macOS High Sierra USB Installer Disk?
Is the "USB key" you are referring to, the same as "USB USB verbatim" you set as "Primary boot"?

If that is the case it may not have Clover EFI in it causing the error

• Take that USB installer to the Mac run CCG Clover Configurator (Global Edition) and try to mount its EFI partition from the USB installer disk on the Desktop (white icon) [See image]
  • Click and look inside EFI>EFI for CLOVER . In the remaining space of that Flash disk you should see Install macOS High Sierra

Attachments

• 1.EFI Mounting from USB installer in CCG .png
    1.EFI Mounting from USB installer in CCG .png
    556.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.EFI_EFI_CLOVER.png
    2.EFI_EFI_CLOVER.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.Install macOS High Sierra.png
    3.Install macOS High Sierra.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 95
Ok I managed to make a USB pen with High sierra created with unibeast :D

1. I inserted the USB boot into my PC and starting, then I pressed F12 to select my EUFI verbatim as a start.

This is the first strange message I get, nothing strange but the other time it did not happen to me, but anyway it goes on ...

B6v69y7.png

2. Then comes the Clover screen where I choose Boot OS X Install from Install MacOS High Sierra
3. Then we arrive at the black screen with the apple logo on load, but it stops and does not appear to me the language selection screen.

I tried to start verbose

pm7qTHE.png

after so many lines of code, it hangs here ...

vfgCE9e.png

Ok I managed to make a USB pen with High sierra created with unibeast :D

1. I inserted the USB boot into my PC and starting, then I pressed F12 to select my EUFI verbatim as a start.

This is the first strange message I get, nothing strange but the other time it did not happen to me, but anyway it goes on ...

B6v69y7.png

2. Then comes the Clover screen where I choose Boot OS X Install from Install MacOS High Sierra
3. Then we arrive at the black screen with the apple logo on load, but it stops and does not appear to me the language selection screen.

I tried to start verbose

pm7qTHE.png

after so many lines of code, it hangs here ...

vfgCE9e.png

• Ok, the Good news is we are getting somewhere now because you used the Verbose Mode to boot your Verbatim Mojave UEFI USB Installer from the Clover Boot Manager Screen and uploaded the last image.
  • The verbose boot screen gives me some clue that your Graphics cards are having some conflicts with each other preventing your installer disk reaching the Utilities screen.
My advice:

• Force Reboot from this screen.
  • Enter BIOS Pressing Del key
  • Go to BIOS_Peripherals
    • Make your Initial Display First to IGFX [I presume you have it set at PCIE(PEG)]
  • Go to BIOS_ Chipset
    • Internal Graphics :ENABLED
    • DVMT Pre-Allocated 128M
    • DVMT Total Gfx Mem : 256 (Default)
  • Press F10 to Save and exit
  • On reboot, use the On /Off button to SHUT DOWN the PC BEFORE Clover boot Manager (CBM)Screen
  • Disconnect Power Cord
  • Disconnect the HDMI Video cable from NVIDIA PCIE Graphics and connect to HDMI port of Integrated Intel HD 530
  • Open the case.
  • Remove carefully the Nvidia PCIE card after unplugging any PCIE Power to it.
  • Replace Power Cord to its Socket and Power On the PC
  • Reboot
  • Go back to BIOS to make sure you have Initial Display set as IGFX and it gets DVMT -Pre-allocated Memory 128M
  • Make sure in the BIOS Boot Option Priorities, your Verbatim UEFI USB installer is #1 and all other Disks are DISABLED in that list.
  • Save (F10) and reboot to CBM screen
  • In CBM screen go to Options >Boot Args : make sure [if not there, type in] : -v dart=0 -disablegfxfirmware lilubetaall -gfxbeta debug=0x100
  • Go down to Graphics Injector-> and open that screen and make sure to type in
    • [√] InjectIntel
    • FakeID 19128086
    • *-platform-id= 1912000
  • Return to CBM
  • Boot your Verbatim Mojave UEFI USB Installer
  • Upload problem screens image(s)
Edited to add: I've presumed you have edited your CLOVER/kexts/Other to have needed Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext (latest)

Attachments

• 1.Possible Graphics related freeze.png
    1.Possible Graphics related freeze.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 79
Latest question, do you advise me to wait to install Mojave with my video card?
  • I don't have your Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. I have not been able to test it in Mojave to give you any specific advice.
  • From what I have read, Mojave has no support yet for that Card.
  • Please search: "GTX 750 in Mojave" and see if anyone has been able to successfully use that in Mojave yet and if so how.
  • Till that time, it is more prudent to wait it out with that Card out of your computer case and use Intel HD 530 to use your Mojave or go back to the earlier version it worked well.
  • If you don't have any other issues with Mojave, please change the Title of your post with a Prefix: [SOLVED] and edit the Title with a suitable search term to reflect the real technical reason for asking for help in this great Forum. That way your hard work to solve it, will help others with similar hardware struggling with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back