Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

#Issue introduction
I’m facing an issue on my Samsung 960 evo 500go which is a SSD m2 NVMe. When I shutdown (apple menu > shutdown) the hack is blocked at the black screen and it doesn’t shutdown. I must do a hard reboot but at this point, the hack will boot twice. First launch I can see clover and the Apple logo, but no lock screen the hack reboots and at the second launch the hack boots correctly. Sometime the hack shutdown properly but I can’t identify the reason of that.

#How I setup the SSD m2
While I was on my SATA SSD I patched my config.plist allowing to detect the SSD m2 by PCIexpress. I followed the pikeralpha’s method. This method involves to copy and paste some raw. All the details : https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/20...t-bin-patch-data/comment-page-1/#comment-5865 (this is the recommended method)
Then I rebooted. My new SSD m2 appeared so I decided to transfer all the system to this one thanks to SuperDuper by cloning the SSD (I didn’t forget to move the EFI part).

#My investigation
Here some checks and facts I’ve made to set the scope of this issue.
-This shutdown issue doesn’t happen on SSD classic SATA
-Issue can’t come from other hard drives, I disconnected them
-In CloverConfigurator, FixShutdown is checked

#My hardware configuration
Pretty the same as DeliciousPickle, my mobo is the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5.
And the SSD m2 NVMe PCIexpress is the Samsung 960 evo
I run on MacOS 10.12.1

Thanks for your help

Hi,

#Issue introduction
I’m facing an issue on my Samsung 960 evo 500go which is a SSD m2 NVMe. When I shutdown (apple menu > shutdown) the hack is blocked at the black screen and it doesn’t shutdown. I must do a hard reboot but at this point, the hack will boot twice. First launch I can see clover and the Apple logo, but no lock screen the hack reboots and at the second launch the hack boots correctly. Sometime the hack shutdown properly but I can’t identify the reason of that.

#How I setup the SSD m2
While I was on my SATA SSD I patched my config.plist allowing to detect the SSD m2 by PCIexpress. I followed the pikeralpha’s method. This method involves to copy and paste some raw. All the details : https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/20...t-bin-patch-data/comment-page-1/#comment-5865 (this is the recommended method)
Then I rebooted. My new SSD m2 appeared so I decided to transfer all the system to this one thanks to SuperDuper by cloning the SSD (I didn’t forget to move the EFI part).

#My investigation
Here some checks and facts I’ve made to set the scope of this issue.
-This shutdown issue doesn’t happen on SSD classic SATA
-Issue can’t come from other hard drives, I disconnected them
-In CloverConfigurator, FixShutdown is checked

#My hardware configuration
Pretty the same as DeliciousPickle, my mobo is the Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5.
And the SSD m2 NVMe PCIexpress is the Samsung 960 evo
I run on MacOS 10.12.1

Thanks for your help

Suggest HackrNVMeFamily with class-code spoof. It is too difficult to tell whether you have the correct NVMe patches...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Suggest HackrNVMeFamily with class-code spoof. It is too difficult to tell whether you have the correct NVMe patches...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Hi rehabMan, your guide is huge.. I'll try to handle it. Thanks for your help!

I wonder if your guide is completely different of what I've done or it's the same thing but more customized?
If I follow your guide the SSD/System will run 100% without any issue?

Hi rehabMan, your guide is huge.. I'll try to handle it. Thanks for your help!

I wonder if your guide is completely different of what I've done or it's the same thing but more customized?
If I follow your guide the SSD/System will run 100% without any issue?

If you use HackrNVMeFamily and the script says the md5 sums match expected values, at least we know you have the correct patches. Becuase Pike's blog has not been updated to deal with the changes in the IONVMeFamily kext over time. My patch-nvme repo has...

Other than that, not possible to predict the future...

Yup
Thing is I can't shutdown during the 5 first min after the boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back