2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE
  7. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I'm booting the Big Sur installer USB, it stalls for 240s with the following message:

Code:
IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[0], (240s): 'PXSX'

The lock-up will then repeat 3 more times, and then the installation proceeds. This happens on every restart during the installation. Big Sur will eventually complete the installation and boot. After the installation it still lock-up on every restart, but the timeout is 60s instead of 240s.

Last time I tried this was a week ago, and at the time I updated OC and alla kexts to the latest dev versions. I wanted to give it a new try today after the latest Big Sur beta was released, but I still have the same issue. I have not updated OC and kexts today though.

Anyone else with this problem?

Edit: I'm using the same EFI to boot Catalina without any issues.

1.jpeg

Same problem. Did you fix this? :(

Same problem. Did you fix this? :(

Not yet. But I just did a search for "PXSX" in IORegistryExplorer and I can see it has to do with ethernet. It had SmallTreeIntel82576.kext loaded (booting under Catalina), which is used for the second ethernet port on my motherboard. I don't use that port however, so I disabled the kext. But it didn't resolve anything though. Maybe I need to disable the port completely. Or maybe I'm completely wrong on it :)

I disabled LAN2 in BIOS and now PXSX doesn't show in IORegistryExplorer. But Big Sur still stalls at IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall[0], (240s): 'PXSX'

Ok, I found the issue. After booting into Big Sur I found a second PXSX property in IORegistryExplorer. Which was related to the Broadcom Wi-Fi card. And Wi-Fi was something that I hadn't got working under Big Sur, even if I added brcmfx-driver=2 as a boot argument. After I disabled all AirportBrcmFixup kexts and rebooted the issue went away. Then I remembered that I've read somewhere that one kext has to be disabled under Big Sur. And yeah, AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext needs to be removed (see bottom of this page: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup). I disabled the kext and re-enabled AirportBrcmFixup and now the computer boots normally, with working Wi-Fi.

Ok, I found the issue. After booting into Big Sur I found a second PXSX property in IORegistryExplorer. Which was related to the Broadcom Wi-Fi card. And Wi-Fi was something that I hadn't got working under Big Sur, even if I added brcmfx-driver=2 as a boot argument. After I disabled all AirportBrcmFixup kexts and rebooted the issue went away. Then I remembered that I've read somewhere that one kext has to be disabled under Big Sur. And yeah, AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext needs to be removed (see bottom of this page: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup). I disabled the kext and re-enabled AirportBrcmFixup and now the computer boots normally, with working Wi-Fi.
Tks you so much. I've fixed this error :v

Worked for me too, thanks!

Hi There,

Can you detail it out how to disable the kext? and re-enable it?
I tried to enable = false in config.plist or remove the injector.kext from config.plist, or remove the kext from plugin folder. None of these is working for me. Still seeing the message during booting stage, and still no wifi, no BT.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back