Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270x-Ultra-Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
HI,

I've made a UniBeast installer for Sierra using my friends macbook pro. However, when I boot from it, I get the message "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on this platform ... Reason: Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2"

I have attached the SMBIOS which from the USB installer. I have also tried using the arg "-no_compat_check" (something similar to that) but still didn't work.

how or what should I change in order to get into the installer? I have previously been able to get into high Sierra installer but unfortunately that didn't work so surely Sierra should be fine.

1507855302146615753156.jpg
Many thanks and I appreciate any advice/solution given.

Last edited:
Ok, so i basically took the config.plist from my high sierra installer that was working (installation didnt detect hard drives) and put it in the sierra clover folder. Now, it gets stuck at the line with all the ++++...

###
I have attached the config.plist that was originally created from the Sierra installer as well as the config.plist that i modified the SMBIOS created (from that which worked for high sierra)

Attachments

• config_sierra_unibeast.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 417
  • config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 430
ahhh, just did some research and found that kabylake was not natively supported in sierra untill the last release i believe and im not sure which version of sierra ive actually got on my usb.

this is the post :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/clover-stuck-at-plus-line-of-errors-1st-build.220148/

So ive changed the fakeCPUID and now am able to get into the installer however it gets stuck on line

" busy timeout[x], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'ApplieACPICPU' "

I have attacked my clover folder (without themes) so please could anyone take a look.

Many thanks and really appreciate the support.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I've updated clover and still not working. I have attached a picture of verbose mode.

Amy ideas?

Attachments

• 1507891768356451148863.jpg
    1507891768356451148863.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 591
Amy ideas?
Your config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no config.plist at all.
This typically happens when you edit it with a text editor instead of a plist editor.
Code:
config.plist: Encountered unknown tag <dict on line 222

Thanks,
I'm not at home right now but I do remember I accidentally added a '#' in the FakeCPUID tag which I corrected to allow me to run the installer with my processor (not sure if this is what line 222 is referring to).

But I'll check when I get home and possibly remake the config.plist using clover configirator.

Your config.plist is corrupt which is the same as having no config.plist at all.
This typically happens when you edit it with a text editor instead of a plist editor.
Code:
config.plist: Encountered unknown tag <dict on line 222

Thanks,
I'm not at home right now but I do remember I accidentally added a '#' in the FakeCPUID tag which I corrected to allow me to run the installer with my processor (not sure if this is what line 222 is referring to).

But I'll check when I get home and possibly remake the config.plist using clover configirator.
line 222 has:
<<dict>

should be
<dict>

Thanks everyone,

I corrected the error and the installation worked. Updated to 10.12.6 and will test to see if everything works.

I would like thank everyone for their patience and especially for the resources and guides available.

As Requested.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 727
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back