Contribute
Register

Solved Intel HD3000 artifacts on laptops with 2-4-6Gb RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan,

As per above after changing BIOS DVMT pre-alloc to 64Mb I extracted all native ACPI tables and re-patched DSDT and SSDT's ...
Allas after 2 days artefacts returned .... bummer :(

Its a real PIA having to remove bottom of laptop, disconnect the battery and perform EC reset every few days although i've been putting up with it for over four years now :banghead:..... real shame as everything bar the SD reader works great ..... Thinking that it may be time to look at a new laptop ..

Am Considering DEL XPS 15 9550 or HP Spectre X360 15 .... have seen guides for both of these, although would prefer full fat CPU like on XPS rather than U series like so many laptop's seem to be using these days.

Whats your thoughts on these laptops ... you got any other recommendations for a good 15" hacktop ...

Ideally would like to have a system that i can install SSD and HDD into like i have with my Sony ...

So far XPS 15 seems to be the only one that meets these requirements ...

Cheers
Jay

Whats your thoughts on these laptops ... you got any other recommendations for a good 15" hacktop ...

I'm thinking of a good used MacBook Pro. One that still has an Esc key...

Hi 11212,

Does the above work for you ? ...... i was running similar settings but have now set them to same as above and will see how long before artifact's come back ... (or not)

Running OSX 10.11.6 on Sandy Bridge i7 Sony Laptop with HD 3000, booting with slide=0

The only issue i have with the system is HD3000 artifacts, when it happens a SMC reset solves the issue for a few days but they always eventually come back.

I haven't tried patching AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB or AppleIntelHD3000Graphics as you suggested on this post :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-with-2-4-6gb-ram.180671/page-5#post-1286897

Have you managed to resolve the issue ... according to most info here HD3000 artifacts are common and can not be fixed only reduced ....

I suspect like yourself that somewhere along the line a memory threshold is being passed which ultimately causes the artifacts ... would be so good to fix this if at all possible.

I'm injecting correct 1920x1080 EDID and dual link in DSDT using patches from my repo ..

https://github.com/JayMonkey/Sony-S-DSDT-Patches

Cheers
Jay

Hi!

Have tried everything, BIOS and kext modding, all variations of DVMT sizes, the artifacts disappeared for hours, days, but always came back. :( I gave up, maybe modding the kernel's memory management or something like this can help, but i can't do it, so using Linux for now... I spent many months to solve it, no success... Maybe i try again later with Sierra, but i don't expect good results, the graphics problems always showed after some time... :(

Last edited:
@11212,

Yup i gave up trying to resolve it a long time ago but decided to revisit it after seeing your post ... however as i stated in post #61 despite changing DVMT and re patching DSDT and SSDT artefacts remain. I think anyone with HD3000 Hackingtosh just has to accept that its a fact of life ...

Not complaining as other than this issue its been a very reliable system for around four years now ....

Cheers
Jay

Soo... Impossible to fully eliminate graphics glitches? I had no other problems, everything was fully working except this. :(

Any changes? Will try to install 10.12.3

Soo... Impossible to fully eliminate graphics glitches? I had no other problems, everything was fully working except this. :(

Any changes? Will try to install 10.12.3

Problem can be solved by having at least 8GB or more with Intel HD 3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back