Contribute
Register

[solved] Intel HD Graphics 520 on macOS High Sierra showing black screen Dell Inspiron 5559 (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15 dk0xxx
CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1650, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I have installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. I have everything working except the graphics. I have integrated Intel HD 520 card (no dedicated GPU) and CPU is i5-6200U. I have tried platform id 0x191b000 but I get a black screen during boot. I have also tried various platform-ids but get the same result. It remains as it is. My keyboard is working but screen is off/black. I can only boot by disabling the graphics, by using platform id 0x12345678. Please help me...

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.4 KB · Views: 645
Hi guys, I have installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.2. I have everything working except the graphics. I have integrated Intel HD 520 card (no dedicated GPU) and CPU is i5-6200U. I have tried platform id 0x191b000 but I get a black screen during boot. I have also tried various platform-ids but get the same result. It remains as it is. My keyboard is working but screen is off/black. I can only boot by disabling the graphics, by using platform id 0x12345678. Please help me...
read up on:
DVMT-prealloc on Broadwell/Skylake/Kaby Lake

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have tried filling the profile but not my CPU, i5 6200U neither Graphics Intel HD 520 are listed. Hope this will help. If you need any other information, please let me know

The profile fields Mobo/CPU/Graphics are free form text.
Do not use the signature. And do not use build signatures.
Read the FAQ carefully.

The profile fields Mobo/CPU/Graphics are free form text.
Do not use the signature. And do not use build signatures.
Read the FAQ carefully.
Sorry. Now I have filled the information. Please help me in this regard. The guide I have followed, that person didn't get the error. I have asked him but he said, he can't sort this out. That is why I am here, hoping someone will help :(

Mobo is missing laptop 'make'.
Graphics is missing screen resolution.

Working around 32mb DVMT-prealloc is covered in the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Ok. I have updated the profile.
So what I understand from the linked guide is that I will select a config.plist from the repository. My Graphics is HD 520 so I will select it. Then I will enable the patch like this:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x19160000/etc, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AAAgAgAAUAE=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAwAQAAkAA=</data>
</dict>
Here I will replace Disabled to Enabled and move it to clover. Then I will rebuild the cache.
Am I right? This is my first encounter with DVMT and the like so please explain this to me if I am wrong.

Ok. I have updated the profile.
So what I understand from the linked guide is that I will select a config.plist from the repository. My Graphics is HD 520 so I will select it. Then I will enable the patch like this:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>0x19160000/etc, 32MB BIOS, 19MB framebuffer 9MB cursor bytes (credit RehabMan)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AAAgAgAAUAE=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAwAQAAkAA=</data>
</dict>
Here I will replace Disabled to Enabled and move it to clover. Then I will rebuild the cache.
Am I right? This is my first encounter with DVMT and the like so please explain this to me if I am wrong.

The patch is already enabled (Disabled=false).
As per guide, must use invalid ig-platform-id until post install (because you must rebuild cache before the patch can work).
Read the guide carefully:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back