Contribute
Register

[Solved] - Intel HD 630 Mojave - what kext do you need - no DVMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell optiplex 7050 sff
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60 GHZ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Sorry for posting a new thread!
I've tried everything to get my Dell 7050 sff to work with my 630 in Mojave, whatever I try I can't get it to use more than 8mb in Mojave, it recognize my GPU but won't use acceleration.

I get "igpu graphics driver failed to load could not register with framebuffer driver" during boot or kernal panic, if I for instance set "-igfxbeta".

So, some stupied questions, which kext do you need if you can't set dvmt in bios?
Should I set a ig-platform id?
Should Whatevergreen recognize my gpu by itself?
Should I use intelgraphicfixup or fakesmc?

The GPU works fine in High Sierra, but, my understanding is that the gpu part has changed in Mojave and that you need Whatevergreen.

I actually never set the ig-platform id. I deleted whatever was in there and just check inject "intel" in clover and I believe whatevergreen handles(d) the rest. I personally recommend using 17,1 SMBIOS

Hi,

Sorry for posting a new thread!
I've tried everything to get my Dell 7050 sff to work with my 630 in Mojave, whatever I try I can't get it to use more than 8mb in Mojave, it recognize my GPU but won't use acceleration.

I get "igpu graphics driver failed to load could not register with framebuffer driver" during boot or kernal panic, if I for instance set "-igfxbeta".

So, some stupied questions, which kext do you need if you can't set dvmt in bios?
Should I set a ig-platform id?
Should Whatevergreen recognize my gpu by itself?
Should I use intelgraphicfixup or fakesmc?

The GPU works fine in High Sierra, but, my understanding is that the gpu part has changed in Mojave and that you need Whatevergreen.

Try 18,1 with; Watevergreen and Lilu it should do it all for you. You might also need to set disablegfxfirmware in your boot arguments.

Try 18,1 with; Watevergreen and Lilu it should do it all for you. You might also need to set disablegfxfirmware in your boot arguments.
Thanks Guys!
Tried, but whatever I do I get :/:
IMG_0418.jpg

You have :
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

All of which do exactly the same job and are mutually exclusive.

You are using deprecated Lilu plugins :
See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

You have enabled many incorrect/unnecessary ACPI fixes in your config.plist.

Ok, sorry, will try to remove one of the fixes, should I use Fix3 or 2?.
Must say I added thoose all in desperation :), no the smartest thing but, tried to get it to work.

Thought I downloaded latest pluging, will upgrade.
Regarding the ACPI fixes, is there anyone you directly see that can cause the error I'm getting ;/?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!

Last edited:
Ok, sorry, will try to remove one of the fixes, should I use Fix3 or 2?.
Neither.
Most people only need :
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi (or apfs.efi)
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi (or vboxhfs-64-efi)

Regarding the ACPI fixes, is there anyone you directly see that can cause the error I'm getting ;/?
If you don't know what it is doing then don't enable it.

Any luck with this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back