Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA B150 HD3P
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530
Hey there, I've just updated to High Sierra (that was a problem in itself) but after sorting all that out, I now have only 3mb of VRAM to work with, which is causing a lot of graphical problems as you can imagine.
Attached, is a screenshot of my 'About this Mac' - as you can see it only display 3mb of RAM alongside the Intel HD Graphics 530 bit.

Of course, I've spent about 4 days searching through forums to try to find a fix but all of them I have tried and none work (NOTE - cannot find any that are related to High Sierra)
I have all the correct and up to date kexts, Clover is up to date, my pre-allocated DVMT is set to 64m and at present, I have to set Fake ID to 0x12345678 to even boot.
Any chance of someone having a fix in time for Christmas? Would be very much appreciated!

System Specs:

Intel Core i5 6500
Integrated HD 530 Graphics
Gigabyte B150 HD3P
8GB DDR4 RAM
High Sierra 10.13.2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.39.17.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 11.39.17.png
    101 KB · Views: 2,738
Here's an extra screenshot of the system report - may help explain the issue a bit more
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 17.56.53.png

@Pundas101, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Cheers, sorry about that

I have all the correct and up to date kexts, Clover is up to date, my pre-allocated DVMT is set to 64m and at present, I have to set Fake ID to 0x12345678 to even boot.
Did you install Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.kext to /Library/Extensions ?
After you have done that you shouldn't have to use the Fake ID anymore.

Did you install Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.kext to /Library/Extensions ?
After you have done that you shouldn't have to use the Fake ID anymore.
Thanks again, did that and it boots fine now. Although the whole graphical issue is still there.

There you go

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,248
@Pundas101 , Hello, I have the same configuration and use El Capitan still wanted to install the High Sierra, however, I'm afraid of the graphics you managed to fix ?? Is it possible for you to download here which versions of the programs you used and the options? Where do I get this Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to download, after all I use the same processor as you, and now how many megabytes are appearing in the information on the mac and if you have any problems with the graphics?

Thank you very much if you help me!

@Pundas101 , Hello, I have the same configuration and use El Capitan still wanted to install the High Sierra, however, I'm afraid of the graphics you managed to fix ?? Is it possible for you to download here which versions of the programs you used and the options? Where do I get this Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to download, after all I use the same processor as you, and now how many megabytes are appearing in the information on the mac and if you have any problems with the graphics?

Thank you very much if you help me!

Hey, sorry I haven't fixed the graphics yet. Although this error seems to only be happening to me, as I've read of other people having successful updates to High Sierra using the HD530.
For High Sierra, I'm using Lilu 1.2.2 and the the latest of any other necessary kexts. I'll link the ones you mentioned below.
Lilu: https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
Intel GFX Fixup: https://sourceforge.net/projects/intelgraphicsfixup/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back