Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
HD 630/RX 5700 XT
There seems to be lots of threads on this issue but they are either kind of old or were never resolved. Is there anyone who can offer some help here?

The display is working at 98% I’d say so I want to be careful not to mess up a good thing. Sometimes I have very small glitches like only on the tabs bar in safari. Sometimes it also shows up in small sections of docs.

Currently I have two 1080p monitors. I have one connected via hdmi to Mobo and the other connected via dvi. But there is no option of “arrangement” (its not present under display) for me to extend displays. Right now they just mirror each other.

I have sound, WiFi, Bluetooth all working perfectly. Hoping to get display working at 100% now too without breaking anything that’s working.

Well, there's nothing like no one being able to help at the moment to give you a kick in the pants!

I have been able to resolve the 7MB issue. The brilliant folks here at tonymacx86 have made this so easy. Searching threads from previous years the fixes where very complex, now it seems alot of those fixes are worked right into UniBeast and fixes are easy!

For you future searchers, I fixed this based on bringing together knowledge from a few different threads. First, I had nothing in Graphics > ig-platform-id (if you have something try deleting it). But I did have in Devices > IntelGFX > 0x12345678. I deleted that completely in my config.plist. Then I added whatevergreen.kext to my CLOVER > Kexts > Other. Then a restart.

And it worked! I now have Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB showing for me and the previous glitches are gone. However, I do now get a bit of an audio scratchiness on startup that wasn't there before. It's only for a few seconds so not something I think I will pursue trying to fix.

However, now I no longer get dual monitor display. I now have "Arrangement" showing up under display, but the second monitor is just a black screen.

Next, I now have issues with sleep. Before, clicking sleep did absolutely nothing. Now, hitting sleep causes the computer to sleep after some time but then it just doesn't wake up. I have to power down my PC to get it to boot again. On the boot screen I get a message from apple that my computer had to restart because of a problem.

I will update this thread if I can fix these issues.

Last edited:
Just an update to say I never got dual monitors or sleep to work in Mojave using Intel 530 graphics. And all the searching I did on this forum couldn't provide a working answer. Instead I downgraded back to High Sierra in order to use my GPU. Seems like the best course of action is to wait for Nvidia to drop web drivers, but as of this post nothing yet.

Last edited:
Just an update to say I never got dual monitors or sleep to work in Mojave using Intel 530 graphics. And all the searching I did on this forum couldn't provide a working answer. Instead I downgraded back to High Sierra in order to use my GPU. Seems like the best course of action is to wait for Nvidia to drop web drivers, but as of this post nothing yet.
Any news? I suffer from the same

Deleting Devices > IntelGFX > 0x12345678 and having whatevergreen.kext didn't work for me :/

Same here, not working ...

i5-6400

No matter what I tried, I could never get anything but 7Mb on HD 530 on Mojave 10.14.5 in Lenovo Thinkcenter M800. Then I realized I had still entries from Haswell frambuffer patching, which obviously was causing havoc.
Once all unrelated junk removed & ig-platform-id = 0x193B0005, I did get 1536 VRAM, but I was getting odd artifacts of flickering windows. Once reverted to iMac 17.1 (closest to this hardware) all became fine

sebus

Last edited:
sorry my english but i use google translate.
I've tried everything in clover but I can't.
i always get vram 5mb.
I have an ASROCK b85m pro4 and a G3220 cpu
I have tried all the ig-platform-ids that I find in clover without getting results.

I have had no luck getting the Intel HD 530 IGPU to work with Catalina 10.15.4 on MSI laptop. It boots to Catalina with no issues, but Graphics shows "Display 8 MB" and I have tried several solutions so far to get the IGPU to work but no luck. I also don't even seen an option in the BIOS to enable/disable IGPU. The BIOS settings on this laptop are very limited.

Will the Hackintool fix this issue? With your guys expertise, what are the steps I should take when I only see "Display 8 MB?" I see others who say they see "Intel HD 530 7 MB" but I cannot even get any functionality out of the IGPU. Aside from getting the graphics and HDMI stuff to work, I also still need to figure out how to activate the sound on this laptop. Everything else is working though.

Also, I noticed that MultiBeast v8.2 for El Capitan has "Intel HD 530" as an option but that tool does not see my M.2 Samsung NVMe drive (which is what MacOS Catalina is installed to). Should I try installing El Capitan on this laptop just to see if the MultiBeast checkbox works or is the Hackintool my only hope?

Ideally, I would like to get either Mojave or Catalina to work for the sole purpose of using the dark mode when organizing my iTunes library. It's easier on my eyes and it's pretty much my only intended use for getting Hackintosh to work on my system.

Laptop Specs:

System: MSI GT73VR Titan
Skylake Processor: Intel Core i7 6820HK (HD 530)
Graphics (other): NVIDIA GTX 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back