Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Intel DP55WB sound not works [solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: intel DP55WB sound not works [solved]

Having a strange problem - sound works great, but then suddenly after a few reboot I start getting KP! So I have to remove the AppleHDA/HDAEnabler kexts and re-install them. Sound comes back, and stays even after reboot... till next round!!!

Anyone faced this? Any idea why this may be happening?

Found the problem - if you face similar issues, or just simply KP when rebooting after AppleHDA/HDAEnabler kexts installation - do check contents of AppleHDA.kext. Some versions have embedded HDAEnabler.kext which causes conflict while loading at boot time.

I removed the standalone HDAEnabler.kext and all is back to normal.

khushiyal what bios version do u have?

[Update]

Rear output headphone works fine using ALC8xxHDA from MultiBeast 3.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.6. Would like to see it working with the front panel headphone output also. Perhaps MacMan can offer some insight into the situation.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 67

@khushiyal

would you mind send me the version of multibeast that you used? I've reinstalled it for at least 20 times :(

I used DSDT but kernel panic every time I restart
I used easy beast the same
Motherboard: DP55WB
Video: EVGA gt240
CPU: i3- 550

I have follow this http://techiemusings.typepad.com/techie ... board.html
too but doesn't work as well. cause he us multibeast 2.0.2. I have 3.2

Please help :(

Hi, I have actually not used Multibeast at all - have been installing the old school way all the time. Multibeast mostly helps to automate all the steps as long as you make right selection.

So, try to work through manually (see Tony's older blogs on these) - it will also help you understand the problems.

Oh, and apologies - haven't been looking at this forum regularly these day, too much tied up with my day job!

Hi Everyone!
I have the same mobo, the Intel DP55WB.
Everything is working in 32bit, audio is working, but in 64bit, there is no audio.
I tried this appleHDA.kext from khushiyal, but it wasnt working.
Can anyone help me?
The 64bit mode is very important for me.
Help plz,
thanks in advance,

stevenhard said:
Hi Everyone!
I have the same mobo, the Intel DP55WB.
Everything is working in 32bit, audio is working, but in 64bit, there is no audio.
I tried this appleHDA.kext from khushiyal, but it wasnt working.
Can anyone help me?
The 64bit mode is very important for me.
Help plz,
thanks in advance,

I don't know what version of OS X you are using, but this is what works best for me in 10.7.3, and has since 10.6.6 or so. Install both the AppleHDA rollback from MultiBeast (I have ver 4.2.1) and this LegacyHDA kext (attached). This is the only kext I know that will allow you to use your front panel headphones, the ALC8xxHDA kext from MultiBeast will not work. I am running the latest BIOS, WBIBX10J.86A.0333, which can be found here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=3125&DwnldID=20839&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss

Be sure you are using a DSDT file, if you do not have one installed, it will not work. I've attached mine.

Alternatively, you can use the AppleHDA rollback and ALC8xxHDA from MultiBeast, even without a DSDT as far as I know, but this will not let you use your front panel headphones.

Attachments

• LegacyHDA.kext.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back