Motherboard
ASUS Strix Z270F Gaming
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, and thank you for reading my post.
I have an ASUS x751lx-ty024h and I am trying to install El Capitan on it; I followed this generic tutorial, using UniBeast, and I got this error:
20151004134908.jpg

So I tried to boot in safe mode, and it simply rebooted itself a few moments after I launched the installer from clover, without even showing me that error again.
Solutions I have tried:
- Followed this tutorial from RehabMan, same result
- Checked out this thread started by someone who had a similar error; I then used Clover 3277, same result
- tried random flags

Any ideas?

Instant Reboot when launching the installer

Hello everyone, and thank you for reading my post.
I have an ASUS x751lx-ty024h and I am trying to install El Capitan on it; I followed this generic tutorial, using UniBeast, and I got this error:
View attachment 154066

So I tried to boot in safe mode, and it simply rebooted itself a few moments after I launched the installer from clover, without even showing me that error again.
Solutions I have tried:
- Followed this tutorial from RehabMan, same result
- Checked out this thread started by someone who had a similar error; I then used Clover 3277, same result
- tried random flags

Any ideas?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.tiff
    204 KB · Views: 176

Ops, misunderstood. Here
View attachment EFI.zip

Edit: Since I reinstalled clover right now on my usb drive I forgot to put the essential kexts in it such as fakesmc vodoo ad genericusb, but I did before as you can see in the screenshot

I used the kexts you linked in your guide (the custom ones), copied them in Others and removed all other folders.
But why is drivers64UEFI wrong? Do NTFS-64 and PartitionDXE interfere or something?

I used the kexts you linked in your guide (the custom ones), copied them in Others and removed all other folders.
But why is drivers64UEFI wrong? Do NTFS-64 and PartitionDXE interfere or something?

Best to follow the guide exactly as written.

Please try again. If not working, provide the actual files you're using.

Allright, thank you for your support. I will re-try tomorrow and I will let you know

Nothing. I did everything as described in the guide, but it still reboots. It loads a lot more of content, but it reboots immediatly at some point. I attached in this post the EFI folder I used.

Post scriptum: I booted normally (non verbose mode) and I managed to capture the kernel panic that causes the reboot. Problem is; I'm not really an expert so I don't know exactly how to read this. Ideas?

View attachment EFI.zip

IMG_20151005_173931.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back