- Oct 26, 2016
- Dell Inspiron 15 5567 (Clover UEFI)
- Intel core i3-7100u
- Intel hd 620, 1366x768
- Mobile Phone
I have recently bought a brand-new Dell Inspiron 15 5567 (i3-7100u with HD620) notebook, and trying to install macOS Sierra ever since. But some study (basically this guide from @RehabMan and this thread), I was able to install 10.12.5 (on a external HDD for testing purposes). But following things are currently not working:
So, basically, my current problem is the QE/CI problem. But quick solution to other problems will surely help me.
- QE/CI (as you will see in the screenshots, it says `display 4mb`)
- Touchpad is working, but the touchpad.prefpane says no touchpad is detected, RehabMan's ioio can be used.
- Battery isn't detected: perhaps need further study
- Wireless: need to replace
- Sound: supported, but not yet implemented
- Ethernet: Install RealtekRTL8100.kext
The attachment contains Clover, ioreg, pci list and some screenshots.
1. QE/CI: Solved by enabling
the minStolenSize patchalternative to the minStolenSize patch, uncommenting the #AddProperties located in the config.plist, and then first boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (i.e.. 0x12345678) and then boot again with the real ig-platform-id.
[Note: Instead of booting with an invalid ig-platform-id, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext can be used]
[Note 2: After 10.12.6, KabyLake is natively supported, so KernelAndKextPatches/FakeCPUID and FakeID/IntelGFX are to be disabled or removed, instead use of one the ig-platform-id with corresponding kext patches (at KextsToPatch) located here]
I'm working on it, currently using RehabMan's ioio for enabling certain features (e.g. Running `ohio Clicking 1` will enable touch to click, and if you're like me, you'll make an startup daemon out of this.)
[Note: This is a I2C trackpad, so normal procedure (ie. simply installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext) won't enable the trackpad prefpane, see here for more info.]
[Note 2: For some weird reason, trackpad.prefpane is detected my touchpad again! (This has been a funny day!)]
3. Battery: Installed ACPIBatteryManager.kext
4. Wireless: Need to replace (didn't found a suitable half-mini PCIe card because of weird size)
5. Sound: See here (also, this thread, specially this post for more info)
6. Ethernet: Installed RealtekRTL8100.kext
7. Backlight: Followed this guide. Be sure to set config.plist/Graphics/InjectEDID=true
Can you please give me your config.plist? i have the same problem on high sierra in my dell 5567 i3-7100u