how about Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 3.0 USB on 10.10.5
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2190\001A7D0ABBBF
?
can i use BrcmPatchRAM.kext

how about Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 3.0 USB on 10.10.5
USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2190\001A7D0ABBBF
?
can i use BrcmPatchRAM.kext

It is not supported by BrcmPatchRAM kexts.

(My question is for either geteng666 or RehabMan)
And before I start, thanks RehabMan for your work, I see your contributions everywhere.

I have the same bluetooth hardware as geteng666, but I’m absolutely stuck trying to follow the instructions for extracting/injecting from the windows drivers. I’ve tried to word this post in a way that hopefully others who are stuck can follow. I'm running Sierra, which means I've installed BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmFirmwareRepo, and BrcmNonPatchRAM2.

Confusion point 1:
“using the included zlib.pl script”
I have the hex file, but I don’t see a zlib.pl script in the GitHub repo or in any folder in the GitHub repo.
This step was optional, so I skipped it and did the next step:
put the .hex file from the window on my desktop, opened up terminal, went to Desktop and ran:
xxd -ps BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557.hex|tr '\n' ' ' > BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557.dmp

(and successfully got the .dmp file)

Confusion point 2:
"under the BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwares dictionary."
nandor690 also asked about this, but I’m still not sure what the answer is.

I open the Info.plist in BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with a text editor,
I find (CMD+f) the “BrcmFirmwareStore” key
But there is no “Firmwares” key/dict inside of the BrcmFirmwareStore dict
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>

<key>BrcmFirmwareStore</key>
<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BrcmFirmwareStore</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>disabled_IOResources</string>
</dict>
</dict>

Confusion point 3:
"create a new firmware key"
Lets say I had found the “Firmwares” dict
Then I’m supposed to add something like the following to the Firmwares dict right?
<key>*MyFirmwareKey*</key>
<string>*AllTheFirmwareData*</string>

I think *AllTheFirmwareData* is just supposed to be copied and pasted from the .dmp file
But where do I get *MyFirmwareKey*?
Is it just the name of the hex BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557?
Is it the “c14 v4626”? (Obviously without the quotes)
or is it something else?

Confusion point 4:
“After configuring a key under BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwares, add your device ID as a new device for BrcmPatchRAM”

I can guess to add something to the “IOKitPersonalities” dict inside of the Info.plist in BrcmPatchRAM.kext
I think I should add something like:
<key>*DeviceKey*</key>
<dict>

<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>*ProductIdInDecimalForm*</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>*VendorIdInDecimalForm*</integer>
</dict>
My Vendor ID: 19ff
My Product ID: 0239
So *ProductIdInDecimalForm* should be replaced with 569
*VendorIdInDecimalForm* should be replaced with 6655
But should my *DeviceKey* be “19ff_239 native” or “19ff_0239 native” or “19ff_239 no firmware”?

Sorry if these are really elementary questions. Even though I have some android/linux/windows hacking experience I’m new to hackintosh stuff.

Last edited:
(My question is for either geteng666 or RehabMan)
And before I start, thanks RehabMan for your work, I see your contributions everywhere.

I have the same bluetooth hardware as geteng666, but I’m absolutely stuck trying to follow the instructions for extracting/injecting from the windows drivers. I’ve tried to word this post in a way that hopefully others who are stuck can follow. I'm running Sierra, which means I've installed BrcmPatchRAM2, BrcmFirmwareRepo, and BrcmNonPatchRAM2.

Confusion point 1:
“using the included zlib.pl script”
I have the hex file, but I don’t see a zlib.pl script in the GitHub repo or in any folder in the GitHub repo.
This step was optional, so I skipped it and did the next step:
put the .hex file from the window on my desktop, opened up terminal, went to Desktop and ran:
xxd -ps BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557.hex|tr '\n' ' ' > BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557.dmp

(and successfully got the .dmp file)

Confusion point 2:
"under the BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwares dictionary."
nandor690 also asked about this, but I’m still not sure what the answer is.

I open the Info.plist in BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with a text editor,
I find (CMD+f) the “BrcmFirmwareStore” key
But there is no “Firmwares” key/dict inside of the BrcmFirmwareStore dict
<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>

<key>BrcmFirmwareStore</key>
<dict>

<string>com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>disabled_IOResources</string>
</dict>
</dict>

Confusion point 3:
"create a new firmware key"
Lets say I had found the “Firmwares” dict
Then I’m supposed to add something like the following to the Firmwares dict right?
<key>*MyFirmwareKey*</key>
<string>*AllTheFirmwareData*</string>

I think *AllTheFirmwareData* is just supposed to be copied and pasted from the .dmp file
But where do I get *MyFirmwareKey*?
Is it just the name of the hex BCM20702B0_002.001.014.0527.0557?
Is it the “c14 v4626”? (Obviously without the quotes)
or is it something else?

Confusion point 4:
“After configuring a key under BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwares, add your device ID as a new device for BrcmPatchRAM”

I can guess to add something to the “IOKitPersonalities” dict inside of the Info.plist in BrcmPatchRAM.kext
I think I should add something like:
<key>*DeviceKey*</key>
<dict>

<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>*ProductIdInDecimalForm*</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>*VendorIdInDecimalForm*</integer>
</dict>
My Vendor ID: 19ff
My Product ID: 0239
So *ProductIdInDecimalForm* should be replaced with 569
*VendorIdInDecimalForm* should be replaced with 6655
But should my *DeviceKey* be “19ff_239 native” or “19ff_0239 native” or “19ff_239 no firmware”?

Sorry if these are really elementary questions. Even though I have some android/linux/windows hacking experience I’m new to hackintosh stuff.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Ah thank you, I had not seen that post. (I reached this thread from google) I haven't finished reading all the articles linked in the post, but I'll make sure to read everything before following up again on this thread.
I decided switching (buying) new bluetooth hardware might be a better use of my time, so I'm going to test a better supported adapter before trying to brute force the one I have.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Hi. I'm new to the forum and the hackintosh scene. Recently successfully completed my first build thanks to all the great info on this site. Am having a few final glitches trying to get bluetooth to work using a USB bluetooth dongle from Simplecom. The chipset has been discussed previously in these threads, being the bcm20702a0 which others have been successful in getting to work, however after following all the instructions I can't seem to get the device to work on my setup. Would appreciate any guidance. I'm using a Gigabyte H370n Wifi Mini ITX motherboard which has built in bluetooth and wifi.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.04.28 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.04.28 pm.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.04.52 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.04.52 pm.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.05.23 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.05.23 pm.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.12.58 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 7.12.58 pm.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 248
Hi. I'm new to the forum and the hackintosh scene. Recently successfully completed my first build thanks to all the great info on this site. Am having a few final glitches trying to get bluetooth to work using a USB bluetooth dongle from Simplecom. The chipset has been discussed previously in these threads, being the bcm20702a0 which others have been successful in getting to work, however after following all the instructions I can't seem to get the device to work on my setup. Would appreciate any guidance. I'm using a Gigabyte H370n Wifi Mini ITX motherboard which has built in bluetooth and wifi.

Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm trying to get mine working as well and I came across an updated repo. You could try this: github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

I'm currently trying with just installing BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext from the latest release in there and I'll report whether or not it works. For the record I'm on the latest Catalina (10.15.4 (19E287))

EDIT: It works :) give it a shot if you haven't figured yours out yet!

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 12.42.58 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back