Contribute
Register

[solved] Installing a BCM20702A0 USB Bluetooth adapter in OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vender ID: 0x19ff
Product ID: 0x0239

It is not currently supported by BrcmPatchRAM.kext...

Check in Windows device manager to see if it has a loadable firmware or if it has built-in firmware.

It is not currently supported by BrcmPatchRAM.kext...

Check in Windows device manager to see if it has a loadable firmware or if it has built-in firmware.
How can I check this?

Thanks

Im stuck on this one. I have the BT400 Asus module. It worked fine in Yosemite. But now everytime I reboot I have to unplug and replug the module before the Apple trackpad and keyboard come back.

I used kextbeast on and installed the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext since I am running Sierra now. and I waited for a few minutes before rebooting but it didnt change the issue. The bluetooth shows in USB and in the system report. Its just that it needs that unplug and replug before the stuff reconnects. What am I missing? BCM20702A0 is what shows on USB

Im stuck on this one. I have the BT400 Asus module. It worked fine in Yosemite. But now everytime I reboot I have to unplug and replug the module before the Apple trackpad and keyboard come back.

I used kextbeast on and installed the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext since I am running Sierra now. and I waited for a few minutes before rebooting but it didnt change the issue. The bluetooth shows in USB and in the system report. Its just that it needs that unplug and replug before the stuff reconnects. What am I missing? BCM20702A0 is what shows on USB

Probably you did not configure USB correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Plan on creating a custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext.

Probably you did not configure USB correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Plan on creating a custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext.

Something I did in the last 2 days fixed it. I first plugged in an old 4 port USB 2.0 hub and put the Bluetooth dongle in there. It started working the next reboot. I left it like that and it worked consistently. Today I found the old SSDT.aml file from my Yosemite build's EFI partition and put that in place on the new. Then I tried putting my Dongle back in the normal front of the case USB. Did a shutdown and a restart and both worked. Cant say what made it work tho.

is this bt 20702A0 supported?

Product id : 0x216f
Vendor ID : 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)

thanks

is this bt 20702A0 supported?

Product id : 0x216f
Vendor ID : 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)

thanks

It is supported by the BrcmPatchRAM kexts.

fount how to make it work thanks to the dell xps 13 guide :) thanks

Thank you for your tutorial in the github.
I have successfully extract the hex from windows 7 driver, and then injected into the kext.
Weird thing is this device is known as BCM20702A0, but it is BCM20702B0

How do you extract the hex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back