Contribute
Register

[solved] Installing a BCM20702A0 USB Bluetooth adapter in OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you verify the hardware works in Windows (antennas connected correctly)?

yes i've connected my rapoo bluetooth keyboard on windows 10 without a problem.

the one that's bother's me on the log was the "bmcmpatchram2:uploadfirmware could not open the device"
was that normal?

the one that's bother's me on the log was the "bmcmpatchram2:uploadfirmware could not open the device"
was that normal?

Normal.

But you may have a firmware incompatibility.

Also... make sure you didn't install Android File Transfer.

yes i didn't install android file transfer. what do i need to do? do i need to extract firmware from windows 10?

If you run Windows from a cold boot, it will load firmware. You can then restart into OS X. BrcmPatchRAM will not load its firmware as it will find firmware already present. From there, you can test, as well as check System Information to see if Windows is using different firmware.

Did it work?
I stuck/lost at "Using a plist editor create a new firmware key under the BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwaresdictionary."
My question is, where do I find BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwaresdictionary to use my plist editor with my .dmp file.
Thanks for your help

I stuck/lost at "Using a plist editor create a new firmware key under the BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwaresdictionary."
My question is, where do I find BcmFirmwareStore/Firmwaresdictionary to use my plist editor with my .dmp file.
Thanks for your help

Firmware is in a ".hex" file. With BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, you refer directly to the firmware file name. Look at the existing Info.plist.

On another thread that was linked in one of these post it was said that a driver that had "B0" in the driver info would not work. BCM20702A0 is what OSX has listed for the device, as does windows, but in the Windows driver details is has "B0" at the end. It's an insignia adapter
Im trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time trying to get this adapter to work in 10.11
No matter where or how I install these kexts they never load.

Thanks!!!

On another thread that was linked in one of these post it was said that a driver that had "B0" in the driver info would not work. BCM20702A0 is what OSX has listed for the device, as does windows, but in the Windows driver details is has "B0" at the end. It's an insignia adapter
Im trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time trying to get this adapter to work in 10.11
No matter where or how I install these kexts they never load.

Thanks!!!

What is the vendor/device-id of the device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back