Register

[solved] Installing a BCM20702A0 USB Bluetooth adapter in OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Calamari.zip
    576.8 KB · Views: 166
Here's the ioreg.
I noticed the Patch2.kext and firmwareRepo weren't even loaded automatically. But I installed them by kextbeast and they're supposed to be properly installed.

BrcmPatchRAM does not support your device 19ff:0239. Kexts only load for the devices they support.

BrcmPatchRAM does not support your device 19ff:0239. Kexts only load for the devices they support.
But it is on your supporting list, the second last:

• [19ff:0239] Insignia NS-PCY5BMA Bluetooth Dongle

This thread actually started by discussing this specific device.

But it is on your supporting list, the second last:

• [19ff:0239] Insignia NS-PCY5BMA Bluetooth Dongle

This thread actually started by discussing this specific device.

It is not in the Info.plist, therefore not supported.

If you think it should be, perhaps you can add it and test. The process for determining which firmwares are extracted is determined by the firmware.rb script. Looking at the script, it only considers devices with Win10 drivers (when parsing bcbtums-win8x64-brcm.inf)

It is not in the Info.plist, therefore not supported.

If you think it should be, perhaps you can add it and test. The process for determining which firmwares are extracted is determined by the firmware.rb script. Looking at the script, it only considers devices with Win10 drivers (when parsing bcbtums-win8x64-brcm.inf)

Thank you for your tutorial in the github.
I have successfully extract the hex from windows 7 driver, and then injected into the kext.
Weird thing is this device is known as BCM20702A0, but it is BCM20702B0

Thank you for your tutorial in the github.
I have successfully extract the hex from windows 7 driver, and then injected into the kext.
Weird thing is this device is known as BCM20702A0, but it is BCM20702B0

Did it work?

It worked.
But if I remove the usb device and re-insert, it won't be recognized. Is there a way to re-start the driver?

No idea. I use built-in WiFi/BT.

i have a problem too with my bluetooth i already installed patchram2. the bluetooth is already in my system preferences but it cant detect any device.. my bluetooth device is combo from maximus vii impact mother board..

full

full

its says here "connectable: no"
full

patchram log file..
full

please help

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a problem too with my bluetooth i already installed patchram2. the bluetooth is already in my system preferences but it cant detect any device.. my bluetooth device is combo from maximus vii impact mother board..

full

full

its says here "connectable: no"
full

patchram log file..
full

please help

Did you verify the hardware works in Windows (antennas connected correctly)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back