Contribute
Register

[solved] Installing a BCM20702A0 USB Bluetooth adapter in OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman,

I just discovered this thread. My Lenovo Twist does have a BCM 20702A0.

Since I have a clover el capitan installation I will use

1. BrcmPatchRam2.kext
2. BrcmFirmwareData.kext which I will load in EFI/Clover/kexts

Question - Does BrcmPatchRam2.kext go into S/L/E or can I also load into EFI/Clover/kexts?

Thanks,

Srini

Rehabman,

I just discovered this thread. My Lenovo Twist does have a BCM 20702A0.

Since I have a clover el capitan installation I will use

1. BrcmPatchRam2.kext
2. BrcmFirmwareData.kext which I will load in EFI/Clover/kexts

Question - Does BrcmPatchRam2.kext go into S/L/E or can I also load into EFI/Clover/kexts?

Thanks,

Srini

Install to /S/L/E. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

See README for further details: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Rehabman,

I loaded BrcmPatchRam2.kext into S/L/E and BrcmFirmwareData.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts.

Unfortunately Bluetooth not recognized. My device is (0a5c:21f3).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Srini

Rehabman,

Sorry I should have sent you the system log. Here you are.

Srini

Attachments

• Syslog 1.pdf
    500.2 KB · Views: 339
Rehabman,

I now have Bluetooth !

I saw from the system log that it was missing a dependancy. I thought loading BrcmfirmwareRepo.kext into S/L/E would provide the dependancy. I removed BrcmFirmwaredata.kext from EFI/Clover/kexts and loaded Brcmfirmwarerepo.kext into S/L/E.

That is all it took.

Thanks for a well written set of instructions,

Srini

Rehabman,

I now have Bluetooth !

I saw from the system log that it was missing a dependancy. I thought loading BrcmfirmwareRepo.kext into S/L/E would provide the dependancy. I removed BrcmFirmwaredata.kext from EFI/Clover/kexts and loaded Brcmfirmwarerepo.kext into S/L/E.

That is all it took.

Thanks for a well written set of instructions,

Srini

Yes... all should be installed to /S/L/E (optionally /L/E on 10.11).

There are ways to make the kexts work from Clover/kexts, but they are advanced (covered in the README).

Hello,
I have installed ASUS BT-400 today, after first boot everything went OK, bluetooth automatically connected do Magic Mouse, after restart error with "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport"
I have installed latest versions BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext,

but when I rebuild the cache I have following error:

06.04.16 0:02:52, com.apple.kextcache[15213]: kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
06.04.16 0:02:52, com.apple.kextcache[15213]: kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]: IOWorkQueue::withCapacity(OSObject*, unsigned int, IOWorkQueueOperationMode, bool, char*)
06.04.16 0:02:52, com.apple.kextcache[15213]: Link failed (error code 5).

Do you thing, that the problem is that I have wrong version of IOBluetoothFamily.kext which I have replaced with old one, from previous post to solve BT-400 enabled?
/http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/109815-haswell-system.html/ from 2014/08

Thanks, can somebody send me the original version of it for 10.11.4?
M.

Hello,
I have installed ASUS BT-400 today, after first boot everything went OK, bluetooth automatically connected do Magic Mouse, after restart error with "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport"
I have installed latest versions BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext,

but when I rebuild the cache I have following error:

06.04.16 0:02:52, com.apple.kextcache[15213]: kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
06.04.16 0:02:52, com.apple.kextcache[15213]: kxld[com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver]: IOWorkQueue::withCapacity(OSObject*, unsigned int, IOWorkQueueOperationMode, bool, char*)
06.04.16 0:02:52, com.apple.kextcache[15213]: Link failed (error code 5).

Do you thing, that the problem is that I have wrong version of IOBluetoothFamily.kext which I have replaced with old one, from previous post to solve BT-400 enabled?
/http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-compatibility/109815-haswell-system.html/ from 2014/08

Thanks, can somebody send me the original version of it for 10.11.4?
M.

Restore your bluetooth kexts to vanilla by running the OS X installer.

Hi Rehabman,

I'm trying to install the Insignia Bluetooth dongle today([19ff:0239],on your supporting list), and I have read your README of BrcmPatchRAM very thoroughly.

I have installed BrcmPatchRAM2 and FirmwareRepo to S/L/E, and then rebooted. The bluetooth device is not recognized. It is showing in "system info/USB", but not as BT device.

/var/log/system.log doesn't even have the log of the patch.

What do you think could be the cause?

Thanks,

Hi Rehabman,

I'm trying to install the Insignia Bluetooth dongle today, and I have read your README of BrcmPatchRAM very thoroughly.

I have installed BrcmPatchRAM2 and FirmwareRepo to S/L/E, and then rebooted. The bluetooth device is not recognized. It is showing in "system info/USB", but not as BT device.

/var/log/system.log doesn't even have the log of the patch.

What do you think could be the cause?

Thanks,

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back