Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Installation not booting anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Installation not booting anymore.

@jantunes-

I edited your picture to be an attachment instead of stretching the page ;)

Everything is configured like it was before.

@tonymac thanks. I'll attach it next time ;)

So you can't get in with

-x
-s

And you can't boot with the CD. Do you have another computer to use to burn the newest iBoot? It will allow you to get to the desktop. Make sure you choose the nVidia tonymacx86-iBoot. When you get back to the desktop check your software update log and report back.

Also, put your specs in your signature- so we can help you better- helps to refer to your specs there. ;)

For some reason, there's no "Open as log" button, so I'll just post a screenshot.

Attachments

• log.png
    log.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 112

I assume that the last entry is the 10.6.2 Combo Update? There's nothing in that list that would mess up your boot as far as I can see. boot0 issues are related to Chameleon- try reinstalling RC4 from MultiBeast. Good luck!

I would install chameleon again. I'm not sure how but it sounds like it got messed up.

Yeah, I was going to reinstall Chameleon but I made this topic just so I wouldn't make things worse.

Indeed that is the 10.6.2 Combo Update. Wish me luck!

For some reason, that happened last time I tried using Chameleon RC4, I can't boot my installation. My display turns off and when I reboot I get a CMOS reset.
So, I booted with iBoot again, installed the PC EFI 10.1 that comes with the old boot cd, dragged boot and DSDT.aml and reboot. Everything works fine now!

Many thanks for all your help!

It happened again for no apparent reason :S I'm going to try using the RC4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back