Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Spectre x360 13-ac023dx
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
intel HD Graphics 620, 1920x1080
Originally posted in RehabMan's NVMe patching thread but it is for Desktops.

Currently Experiencing some issues with this. Hoping I can get some guidance
Followed this tutorial, honestly was pretty easy to follow, or so i thought.

My OSX install in a 10.11.(something) and I'm trying to install 10.12.6 so I extracted the IONVMeFamily.kext from the installer and used the patch script as such(or close to it, I'm not on the mac machine right now):

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof --override IONVMeFamily.kext 10_12_6

This passes and I get the patched HackrNVMe kext
Stick that in clover along with the newly compiled SSDT and plist patch(for replacing DSM methods)

The hard drive is detected(which is why i now believe that it is not anything to do with the nvme patching), I managed to make an HFS partition that OSX can use in my existing partition scheme. I run the installer and it runs way slower than I would expect an NVMe SSD to run(like 45minutes to an hour).
It also seems to reboot before it actually finishes(not sure if this is intended, its really close to the end but not quite, claims it only has "about 26 seconds" left)

Upon booting into the new OSX partition, the installer claims it is "unable to unmount volume for repair sierra."
Google searches reveal this is because OSX is not in the first available partition.

I attempted to wipe my disk to create a new partition scheme but disk utility claims it "can't access the device" or a similar message when I attempt to erase the disk.

not sure where to go from here, would love some feedback.
clover folder attached

Thanks!

I've been partially following this guide as it is very close to my laptop, Mine is just slightly more powerful.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-hp-spectre-x360-native-kaby-lake-support.228302/

Additional info: pretty certain the drive is not 4k block compatible(smartmontools in linux doesn't show it as an option), definitely GPT.

Note: though originally suggested by rehabman, this is the same zip from the previous thread and thus does not have fix_regions disabled.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
Originally posted in the nvme patching thread but it seems not to be:

Currently Experiencing some issues with this. Hoping I can get some guidance
Followed this tutorial, honestly was pretty easy to follow, or so i thought.

My OSX install in a 10.11.(something) and I'm trying to install 10.12.6 so I extracted the IONVMeFamily.kext from the installer and used the patch script as such(or close to it, I'm not on the mac machine right now):

./patch_nvme.sh --spoof --override IONVMeFamily.kext 10_12_6

This passes and I get the patched HackrNVMe kext
Stick that in clover along with the newly compiled SSDT and plist patch(for replacing DSM methods)

The hard drive is detected(which is why i now believe that it is not anything to do with the nvme patching), I managed to make an HFS partition that OSX can use in my existing partition scheme. I run the installer and it runs way slower than I would expect an NVMe SSD to run(like 45minutes to an hour).
It also seems to reboot before it actually finishes(not sure if this is intended, its really close to the end but not quite, claims it only has "about 26 seconds" left)

Upon booting into the new OSX partition, the installer claims it is "unable to unmount volume for repair sierra."
Google searches reveal this is because OSX is not in the first available partition.

I attempted to wipe my disk to create a new partition scheme but disk utility claims it "can't access the device" or a similar message when I attempt to erase the disk.

not sure where to go from here, would love some feedback.
clover folder attached

Thanks!

I've been partially following this guide as it is very close to my laptop, Mine is just slightly more powerful.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-hp-spectre-x360-native-kaby-lake-support.228302/

Additional info: pretty certain the drive is not 4k block compatible(smartmontools in linux doesn't show it as an option), definitely GPT.

Note: though originally suggested by rehabman, this is the same zip from the previous thread and thus does not have fix_regions disabled.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (misc/preboot.log is missing).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in the FAQ. Before your next reply.

Note: I'm guessing you have an active SATA controller but you forgot SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext. But that is a guess until I see preboot.log (which lists PCIe devices).

The FAQ doesn't mention the preboot log file and i don't think clover makes it by default. I had to google around how to find it(by pressing the f2 key)
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-what (ctrl-f preboot)

The file is included in the zip now.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 74
The FAQ doesn't mention the preboot log file and i don't think clover makes it by default. I had to google around how to find it(by pressing the f2 key)
https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/What-is-what (ctrl-f preboot)

This is from FAQ, "Problem Reporting"... It is quite clear regarding F2:
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

The file is included in the zip now.

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ. Please fix.

Looking at your files, I don't see an issue. Please provide details on the error you have and what specifically you're doing.

Note: You have more kexts than you need in Clover/kexts/Other. See my guide for correct content.

This is from FAQ, "Problem Reporting"... It is quite clear regarding F2:

It did occur to me that I didn't look for what keys to press. That is my fault.

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ. Please fix.

Will fix shortly.

Looking at your files, I don't see an issue. Please provide details on the error you have and what specifically you're doing.

It looks to me like the actual installation process is failing. It seems to take much longer than necessary and seems to reboot before it's actually finished. I'm not sure if there are logs anywhere of the actual installation I can see/post.

when it reboots, it boots up to a screen that says something like "macOS could not be installed on your machine. Could not unmount volume for repair." The logs that I can access from this screen say something about "coreServices could not be found"(don;t)

The install images seem to be mounted correctly when I look through the directories in the terminal. I'll post any info I can but I don't know the best place to begin looking.

Note: You have more kexts than you need in Clover/kexts/Other. See my guide for correct content.

I'll be honest, I've been more following the guide I posted above than doing it myself(via your tutorials) as the user's computer very closely follows mine(except the nvme stuff which was researched and performed alone) but I will run back through the tutorial and see what I should be doing differently. According to his specs, I have the same graphics but double the ram, slightly better processor and the motherboard should be slightly different, I didn't think that would matter in just booting the installer(and still don't) so I was gonna split off from it after the installation passed.

I did however just catch that he's got an i5(7200U) to my i7(7500U). That shouldn't be an issue right?

when it reboots, it boots up to a screen that says something like "macOS could not be installed on your machine. Could not unmount volume for repair."

That error is usually due to neglecting to repartition the target drive such that the install target partition is first.

That error is usually due to neglecting to repartition the target drive such that the install target partition is first.

I read that somewhere and tried to make it that way but disk utility returned "unable to access device" when I tried.
Although now that I'm giving it some thought, I may have been booted into the recovery install on my hard drive...so I was trying to wipe the drive i was running on...

I'll give it a shot when I get some time later(busy day today) and probably report back success.

Thanks for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

I read that somewhere and tried to make it that way but disk utility returned "unable to access device" when I tried.

You will need to explain specifically what you're doing and show an image of the actual error.

You will need to explain specifically what you're doing and show an image of the actual error.

The issue there was that the installation booted into what looked like a recovery installation(after showing the failure message). I had all the same options I did booting from the USB with the exception of "Reinstall[ing] OSX" instead of "Install[ing] OSX" this apparent similarity lead me to believe I was booting from the USB and not the hard drive.
It seems like disk utility refused to erase the drive it was running on(for obvious reasons) and the error message it threw("unable to access device") seems non-descript for the actual error.

Nevertheless, repartitioning the drive(correctly) and putting OSX first seems to have fixed the issue. It's now booted into setup and I can continue my endeavor.

I thank you for your help. Hopefully I will not need it again.

Recently When I have updated, my InDesign application to the latest version CC 2017.1 on my Mac PC; I have rendered through several issues. Somehow, I have fixed all those issues. if anyone facing the similar issue then must have a look at the solution mentioned in this link. As it worked for me…..hopefully worked for you to .
http://www.filerepairtool.net/blog/fixes-to-troubleshoot-issues-after-updating-to-indesign-cc-2017
7 Ways To Troubleshoot Issues After Updating To InDesign CC 2017.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back