Graphics
MSI N8400GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been reading and planning for weeks, and finally have all my hardware lined up, and started in on my first Hackintosh this afternoon.

Unfortunately, I seem to be stuck without ever really starting. My installation hangs after leaving the iBoot screen for the SL install disk. I only get as far as the white screen with the grey apple logo and the spinning circle. After about a minute and a half of spinning, the screen adds a little white box containing a grey "no" symbol covering the very tip of the apple and it's stem.

It never goes anywhere from there. I've tried multiple times, with and with '-x'. To no avail. I'm following the guide (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html) to the letter.

My signature contains my hardware (I think... first post). I thought I had put together a competent build.

Can anyone shine a light on what might be happening? Is the white box normal? Does it normally take more than 1/2 hour to leave this screen? I'm thinking not...

Thank you!

Re: Installation hangs at apple screen, w/white 'no' box

Boot with -v and take a pic from what you have got

Hmmm... thanks!

The last thing on the screen says:

"NVEnabler::probe fails
RealtekRTL81xxx.kext: NIC identified as RTL8168/811E (mcfg=23)
Still Waiting for root device"

Suggestions?

Good news! I now have a functioning Hackintosh!

I took the whole box apart, reseated all the hardware, buttoned 'er back up and ran through the guide one more time, and something in that process seams to have done the trick.

I have yet to try to plug it into my router, and it seems that OS X thinks that there is no audio device installed. Everything else seems to be great - running 1920x1080, and I've got my apple BT keyboard working along with the Targus dongle- perfect through several reboots.

I used the UserDSDT option in MulitBeast along with the DSDT-Ga-H55M-SV2-F2.aml

I think that that file is for v1.2 of the BIOS, whereas my board has v1.3. I assume the problem lies there.

Any suggestions on the sound? Is it as simple as copying a .kext into a directory? Or do I need to run a few MultiBeast sequences over again?

Thanks everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back