Contribute
Register

[Solved] Installation couldn't allocate runtime area error

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Your Ethernet needs IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • It must already be there in your USB installer's EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other .
    • If not, you should get it from Tonymac Download . Download Now 57.2 KB .zip
    • Use KextBeast from Tonymac to install by drag and drop method of downloaded kext
  • For your Nvidia you need to Download Webdriver for your version of macOS High Sierra , example 10.13.6 from Tonnymac Downloads :WebDriver-387.10.10.10.40.113.pkg
  • The steps to install must be carefully done as it involves ENABLING SIP in CLOVER ( config.plist> Rt Variables> CsrActiveConfig must be changed from current 0x67(SIP Disabled) to 0x00(SIP ENABLED) before launching the downloaded Nvidia Driver install file.
  • After install and reboot SIP Disabled by reversing config.plist>Rt Variables editing.
  • Make sure your CLOVER/kexts/Other has latest Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext.
  • Make sure your BIOS Graphics are for PCIE and NOT IGFX.

Everything is good I have my little mac High Sierra ready to go, thanks to you two. I need just a little clear of clover before boot and all is perfect ! Thanks again for your speed and quality help !

Everything is good I have my little mac High Sierra ready to go, thanks to you two. I need just a little clear of clover before boot and all is perfect ! Thanks again for your speed and quality help !

:clap:. Please edit the Title of your post to show this is macOS High Sierra and not macOS Mojave. with [SOLVED] prefixed to the Title.

Attached is a modified EFI. Please backup your existing EFI folder, then delete it from USB disk and replace with the attached version (be sure to rename it to "EFI").

Please note that your nVidia card is not supported by Mojave. I have disabled everything in EFI pertaining to nVidia cards. Your system should still function using Apple's default display driver. It will give you very slow video performance, but right now we're not concerned about accelerated video -- we're just concerned about getting Mojave installed.

This version uses "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" without "slide=0". As mentioned earlier, we have have to try:

• AptioMemoryFix-64 with slide=0 --> does it work?
  • Replace AptioMemoryFix-64 with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and slide=0 --> does it work?
  • Try again but without slide=0, does it work?
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 can be downloaded from Bullet #3 here:
https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/
I had this same problem and was stumped. I have a Designare Z390, running Mojave. Everything was working fine, and then suddenly the "couldn't allocate runtime area" error came up. I had been swapping Graphics cards. In my case, it was my RAM DIMMs. The plugging in and out of the cards loosed the connection of the DIMMs (which presumably weren't fully inserted). I'm guessing that the boot loader checks the boot image; if the checksum doesn't match, it reports "couldn't allocate runtime area" and stops. I reseated all 4 DIMMs, and the system no longer blocked at that error. It won't fix everyone's error with this, but might help some problems. Direct boot to Windows 10 worked, so I didn't suspect the RAM at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back